group move command bugg

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

group move command bugg

Post by lapdog666 »

it still exists, very easy to reproduce; just select 5-6 cav battalions and group move them lets say diagonally from where they are, you ll reproduce it 1 in 10 times for sure

some units, when you do Undo command, still do the actual manouver and are not able to use Undo button But they still have AP left , so they move double the range , if player decides so
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: group move command bugg

Post by rbodleyscott »

lapdog666 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 pm it still exists, very easy to reproduce; just select 5-6 cav battalions and group move them lets say diagonally from where they are, you ll reproduce it 1 in 10 times for sure

some units, when you do Undo command, still do the actual manouver and are not able to use Undo button But they still have AP left , so they move double the range , if player decides so
Thanks. We have several times tried to reproduce this and so far not succeeded.

Was there anything about the terrain interfering with the move?

Are you able to set up a situation in which it occurs? If so a saved game from just before it occurs would be incredibly useful to assist us in identifying the bug.
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Many thanks.

Unfortunately I can't do anything with an MP game save, it would need to be an SP game for me to be able to use it to test the issue.

However, it does raise the issue of whether this bug might be specific to MP games, and caused by some issue with the turn replay not carrying out the Group Undo correctly. (The Turn Replay actually reconstructs the events of the previous turn by running through the same actions, and the position at the end of the Turn Replay is the position from which the next turn proceeds. So if anything goes wrong with the turn replay, the position will be incorrect at the start of the player's turn).

That would perhaps explain why we have not been able to reproduce it when testing in SP games, and might be the first real clue as to the cause of the bug.

Have you encountered this bug in SP games, or only in MP?

When it has occurred in MP games, did it become apparent
a) during or immediately after the Turn Replay, and affect only enemy troops (after the enemy made a group Undo Move),
or
b) affect your troops later in the turn after you yourself had done an Undo?

or both.

From the screenshot it looks like it affected your own troops, presumably after you did a group move and a group undo, in which case we cannot blame the Turn Replay.
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

so far it only happens when i do the group move and undo it. i have never seen (although its possible that i missed it ) it happen during the enemy's movement while i am watching

it also happened in SP game against ai , i remember it was with cavalry which was traversing heavy terrain. so far it seems its totally random, it happens on open terrain , on rough ground, with infantry and cavalry etc but i am not sure
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

I have seen undo bug once in single player as well (the version was at least 1.4.7). I group moved a bunch of cavalry past a rough ground and one was blocked from retreating (by a unit that had avoided the rough terrain) but got full movement points back.

Would it be technically possible to just transform the positions of the units to their original places rather than reversing the movement process?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 pmWould it be technically possible to just transform the positions of the units to their original places rather than reversing the movement process?
That is what already happens. However, sometimes a unit is blocking the square they try to move to when the script tries to move them back. In the current version up to 4 attempts are made to move all the units back, so sometimes not all units get moved back. In the next update up to 100 attempts will be made, which should ensure that all units always get moved back to their starting position.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

In your screenshot example, had you done an Undo, or just the group move?
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

group move and undo command. then i manually moved every warband u see on the left, and the last warband (one selected) was left with 16/10AP
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 pm group move and undo command. then i manually moved every warband u see on the left, and the last warband (one selected) was left with 16/10AP
Right. Well hopefully the next update will fix the problem once and for all.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”