Future DLCs

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
NikephorosIIPhokas
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Future DLCs

Post by NikephorosIIPhokas »

Given that Matrix games has shifted its focus from FoG I to FoG 2 what are the plans for future DLCs? Is their a possibility that Swifter than Eagles will be a future DLC? Is the expectation that all the army packs in the tabletop version will some day be released for the digital version?
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Future DLCs

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Well, Rise of Persia is next, which is something like 800BC-600BC. Richard has hinted previously that earlier periods are a distinct possibility. More certain is the approximate ending period - 1494ish, the start of Pike and Shot. Of course, even that is conjecture.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Rise of Persia is already a taste of Swifter than Eagles but it doesn’t go far back.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

I prefer they expand more over Bellisarius and enter in medieval period, Rise of Persia is going to be a great DLC but i prefer now an army list with more different styles (curious to see the swiss pìke armies) and here i think medieval is he best option apart that i allways was sad to be unable to play in FOG I the "Wolves from the sea" pack.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

If you want Swiss Pikes you want to be playing the excellent Pike and Shot Campaigns designed by someone called Richard Bodley Scott.
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

You want swiss pikes?
Play with Macedonian and Diadochi armies.

Basically the same thing just with more elephants.

edit- But seriously I second the Pike & Shot Campaigns recommendation.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Well, pike armies in ancient are a good option and like use them but i am more interested in see them working in a more medieval enviroment.

I have Pike & Shoot serie but i never take his pulse at all... here i find more interesting FOG I and his medieval armies or (even with all his problems) Tiller "Musket & Pike Rennaissance", i know it covers a later period but is the moment where infantry return to rule the battlefield over cavalry after the pure medieval period.

I admit i am more into infantry and less in cavalry... i like armies with core in infantry not in the mounted guys hehehe.
NikephorosIIPhokas

Post by NikephorosIIPhokas »

jomni wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 am Rise of Persia is already a taste of Swifter than Eagles but it doesn’t go far back.
True, but I really want to reenact battles from the Bible Hebrews vs Philistines and all that.

Return to “Field of Glory II”