New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey just made an account to ask a question --

How soon do you think the Tabletop mod will be updated for Rise of Persia? I can scarcely play without it! I'm itching to see what you'll do with the era.
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

antiochosvii wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:55 pm Hey just made an account to ask a question --

How soon do you think the Tabletop mod will be updated for Rise of Persia? I can scarcely play without it! I'm itching to see what you'll do with the era.
+1 (the mod is really outstanding / a must have!)

And also a question.
I've always wondered why Tarentine Cavalrymen are listed as unprotected while wearing helmets and having a big shield.
Is there something I miss?
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Lysimachos wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:32 pm
antiochosvii wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:55 pm Hey just made an account to ask a question --

+1 (the mod is really outstanding / a must have!)

And also a question.
I've always wondered why Tarentine Cavalrymen are listed as unprotected while wearing helmets and having a big shield.
Is there something I miss?
As has been mentioned before, FOG is a top down design, not a bottom up design. Units are balanced to get the right effect against other contemporary troops. Exact equipment is very much a secondary consideration.
Richard Bodley Scott

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Thank's for the explanation Richard!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey sorry to bump with the same question, but how would I go about putting the new army lists into the TT mod myself?

Any ideas? I've tried messing around but when I copy paste the game crashes.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been travelling around the country for the last 24 hours with very limited internet connection, and even less sleep!

A new version of the TT Mod will be released in a few weeks. I advise you to wait for that.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Okay thanks for the reply! I await it eagerly.

Thanks for all your hard work. I love your mod.
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

Very cool of you to do the update. I was not expecting it.

This is the stuff that helps make games great.

And this game is a great one for sure.
Ardaeshir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ardaeshir »

Thanks for the update Paul. What you do is great stuff, I strongly appreciate all the work you have put into it.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey Paul, I had a question about your upcoming TT mod update!

Any plans to include the Neo-Hittite states in your always-expansive army lists? I'm kind of itching to do a campaign as Karkamish attempting to repel the Assyrian push across the Syrian plains. I imagine they'd be fairly inferior to Assyria so it seems like it might make for a fun and challenging matchup.

Or would this be outside the scope of the era?

Thanks in advance, and eagerly awaiting the new update! I can scarcely play the DLC without TT.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

antiochosvii wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:48 am Hey Paul, I had a question about your upcoming TT mod update!

Any plans to include the Neo-Hittite states in your always-expansive army lists? I'm kind of itching to do a campaign as Karkamish attempting to repel the Assyrian push across the Syrian plains. I imagine they'd be fairly inferior to Assyria so it seems like it might make for a fun and challenging matchup.

Or would this be outside the scope of the era?
It would. That is why they aren't in the Rise of Persia DLC.
Richard Bodley Scott

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Ah i hear you. Well i’m sure the army lists will be mind blowingly expansive, just like they always are.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey Paul,

I'm getting back into the TT mod and I was wondering what the outlook was on the new version. Lately i've had the itch to do a semi-anachronistic matchup between the Assyrian-era Egyptian army and the Ptolemies. A native rebellion of sorts, in role-play terms.

How are things coming?

Thanks as always and loved the new Panion epic battle map, btw.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

antiochosvii wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Hey Paul,

I'm getting back into the TT mod and I was wondering what the outlook was on the new version. Lately i've had the itch to do a semi-anachronistic matchup between the Assyrian-era Egyptian army and the Ptolemies. A native rebellion of sorts, in role-play terms.

How are things coming?

Well it's ready, and has been for quite a while, although every time I think I am finished I soon add more units or change old ones.

I am waiting for the new game update to be released before I release the new version of the TT Mod. I don't want to release the Mod and then find that the new patch makes it unplayable, even though I very much doubt that would happen this time.

All of the Rise of Persia armies have been overhauled with new units and/or textures. Although I have not done much to the Assyrians, the standard textures do a very good job of representing those. I have also not added any new armies to the Rise of Persia timeframe, we did a pretty complete job with that already for the standard game.

There has been a lot of work done on the existing armies, especially those from the Immortal Fire, Legion Triumphant and Rise of Rome DLCs.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

paul71stpvi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by paul71stpvi »

Paul59 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:48 pm
antiochosvii wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Hey Paul,

How are things coming?

Well it's ready, and has been for quite a while, although every time I think I am finished I soon add more units or change old ones.

I am waiting for the new game update to be released before I release the new version of the TT Mod. I don't want to release the Mod and then find that the new patch makes it unplayable, even though I very much doubt that would happen this time.

All of the Rise of Persia armies have been overhauled with new units and/or textures. Although I have not done much to the Assyrians, the standard textures do a very good job of representing those. I have also not added any new armies to the Rise of Persia timeframe, we did a pretty complete job with that already for the standard game.

There has been a lot of work done on the existing armies, especially those from the Immortal Fire, Legion Triumphant and Rise of Rome DLCs.
Awesome, looking forward to it! What are some of the big changes with the existing armies? I'd assume the inclusion of peltastai in the DLC would bring a lot of changes to the Greek lists, at the very least.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Below is a long list of the more exciting changes:

Nearly all vanilla armies in the Rise of Persia DLC have been reworked with new units and textures.

All changes to the vanilla armies that were added in the last patch have been added to the TT Mod ie; increased numbers of Byzantine Foot, Thracians, Peltasts, Praetorians etc.

Some minor bugs in the last release (TT Mod 1.3.9) have been fixed.

Lydian Heavy cavalry texture changed considerably. My initial view was that this unit should have a mixture of Greek and Eastern dress and equipment. I now think that it should look more Greek, and the texture has been revised accordingly.

Changed textures for Noble Lancers (Both Armoured and Protected, mounted and dismounted). Changed the existing units to a more Germanic look, and added extra texture sets. Added new Alan (Sarmatian) Lancers units.

Regraded Chalybes Spearmen as Lightly Protected, and gave them a new model and texture based on info in the Montvert Achaemenid Persian book by Duncan Head.

New Takabara textures, and gave Thracian Massed Javelins different cap colours to distinguish them better from Persian Takabara.

Veteran Hoplites and Armoured Veteran Hoplites given new textures, to give more variety than the vanilla versions, which all have the same shield pattern.

Italian Social War army list added, with new Italian Legionary textures.

Classical Phokian, Aetolian, and Akarnanian lists changed to increase the minimum amount of hoplites that these armies can buy.

Corrected some minor errors in dates, and the Latitude and Longitude values for some of the Greek and Spartan lists. The earlier values were too wide, being based on the vanilla Greek list which covers virtually the whole Med and beyond.

The original vanilla red (and blue) Triarii textures added.

Early hoplite Greek and Spartan armies, 680 BC to 551 BC.

Reduced by one the maximum number of Veteran Pike in the Macedonian 260 - 148 BC list.

Added many nation specific Thureophoroi units.

Here are a few of them (Bithynian, Carthaginian, Jewish and Macedonian)

Extra textures for Sub Romans, Ligurian Spearmen, Illyrian Spearmen, Late Thracian Spearmen, Visigothic warband, Limitanei, Auxilia Palatina, Late Roman Light Horse Javelins, Late Roman Veteran Cavalry, Gothic Cavalry (Armoured and Protected), Republican Roman Armoured Cavalry, Frankish Warbands, Noble Cavalry (Armoured and Protected), Greek Armoured cavalry (Average and Superior), Illyrian Spearmen, Italian Foot, Samnite Foot, Pictish Spearmen, Celtiberian Warband, Dacian Warband, Early and Late German Warbands (Average and Superior), Iberian Scutarii, Roman Slack and Late Republic Legionaries.

New texture conventions for the Hoplites. I have always been a bit disatisfied with the Hoplites, my main problems being my difficulty differentiating between the Raw Hoplites and the Citizen Hoplites, hard to tell the two sides apart for all the Hoplites, and not liking the predominantly white and black shields of the Citizen Hoplites. My solution is this:

Veteran Hoplites: Brighter Bronze shields, White Linothorax, strong coloured tunics, warm and cool colour sets
Mercenary Hoplites: Uniform star based shield designs, Fancy Linothorax, mix of clothing colours, warm and cool colour sets
Citizen Hoplites: Mostly coloured shields with complex designs, White Linothorax, mix of clothing colours, warm and cool colour sets
Raw Hoplites: Plain coloured shields warm and cool colours, No Linothorax, plain coloured tunics, no greaves.

New textures for many Etruscan units.

North Thracian Armoured Cavalry added, replacing the more Hellenistic looking Thracian cavalry in earlier lists. Hellenistic Thracian cavalry given shields to better represent later cavalry.

Amended Jewish 63BC-6AD army list, there was a numbering error, plus added new unit types; the vanilla Thracian Med Jav, Arab Light Cavalry and Jewish Doryphoroi (There is an option for Heavy Foot Offensive Spearmen in the Rise of Rome tabletop army list book, but I have upgraded them to be Armoured instead of Protected).

Added Roman Clibanarii to replace Cataphracts in the Late Roman lists.

New Cataphract unit for Pontic and Armenian lists

Added Sub Roman Armoured cavalry.

Added Lombard Warband

Added Nomad Irregular Foot
Last edited by Paul59 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Love the Lydian cavalry. I can scarcely wait for the update. Looks like it's going to be a pretty fantastic addition.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

So I don't mean to be too forward, but I don't suppose you could be persuaded to release the current version prior to the next update? I just talked to the dev Zakarion on the steam discussion thread, and he said that the release of the next update is a considerable time away.

I ask in the common interest of humanity! And again, apologies for being so insistent. Just excited to play it all.

Thanks as always paul!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I have just confirmed with the developer that there will be a change in the scripts for the next game update that will stop the TT Mod from working.

I therefore have no alternative but to wait until the new patch and then release the new version of the TT Mod. Unfortunately the new version of the TT Mod does not work with the current version of the game (version 1.4.7).

The good news is that I have something else to add to the Mod, nation specific banners! I have been working on banners for over a year, but had no intention of releasing them for many reasons, so it was only for my own amusement. However, all those reasons seem to have been resolved. The delay will allow me to complete work on the banners.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Ah, I hear you. That makes sense. Love the idea of new banners.

You're doing the Lord's work.

Return to “Field of Glory II”