Field of Glory II Rise of Persia New DLC is coming! Dont miss the Twitch Preview!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II Rise of Persia New DLC is coming! Dont miss the Twitch Preview!

Post by Daniele »

"The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, / And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold;

And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, / When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee."
– Lord Byron

Ashurbanipal, Nebuchadnezzar II, Cyrus II ... these great kings are now covered with the dust of time, but the empires they created and the wars they fought shaped the Middle East irreversibly.

Here, in the cradle of civilization, the Assyrians ruled with an iron fist, until the Medes and Babylonians rose against them and ended their reign of terror. The Babylonians then repeated the cruelties of the Assyrians, razing the Temple of Jerusalem and deporting the Hebrews to Babylon.

At last a new champion arose, King Cyrus of the Persians, who swept away the mighty empires of the Medes, Lydians, Babylonians and Egyptians, and created the greatest empire the world had yet known.

Be ready to relive these events with Rise of Persia, the upcoming DLC for Field of Glory II!

Field of Glory II Rise of Persia brings players back to 681 BC, allowing them to witness the decline and fall of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, the rise of the Median and Babylonian Empires, and the conquest of these and the Lydian and Egyptian Kingdoms by the Achaemenid Persians.

If you are eager to see some action, Field of Glory II Rise of Persia will be featured today on our official Twitch Channel from 6 pm to 7 pm BST time!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Summary of Features

· 12 new factions

· 26 new units

· 20 new army lists

· 6 new Epic Battles

· 35 new Quick Battles

· Expanded Custom Battles module.

· Expanded Sandbox Campaign module.

· 4 new historically-based campaigns.

· Mixed units with front-rank spearmen, back rank archers.

olddog52
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Field of Glory II Rise of Persia New DLC is coming! Dont miss the Twitch Preview!

Post by olddog52 »

Thank you,love the game,keep working on it.
Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Field of Glory II Rise of Persia New DLC is coming! Dont miss the Twitch Preview!

Post by Geordietaf »

Fantastic. Can't wait. :mrgreen:
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

wow, someone must be happy to see ancient Egyptian army presented.
Meditans ex luce mundi
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Field of Glory II Rise of Persia First Preview - Agrippa Maxentius 6pm BST

30 mins count down
BillLottJr
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by BillLottJr »

Can't wait to put on my ass-smiting shoes as the Assyrians!
fuzzayd
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fuzzayd »

Great preview and looking forward to playing this one. Thanks, devs!
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

Very nice.
Just out of curiosity...would this be the dlc that goes most back in time and all the other comming after this will be medieval or later?
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

I dont expect a lot from a DLC covering the period but looks great and with a good selection of armies to complete the ancient period.

I am curious to about if this is going to be the last ancient DLC and next finally move to something more medieval... well, if we need wait next year to have DLC5 this could means that it needs more work in the graphic area... but could be something medieval or they can do a 180º turn and introduce a more exotic DLC, if i dont remember bad in the TT were books covering Conquistadores in South America and colonial fight in Asia.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

pinwolf wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:46 am Very nice.
Just out of curiosity...would this be the dlc that goes most back in time and all the other comming after this will be medieval or later?
The tabletop rules cover 3000 BC to 1500 AD, so who knows?
Richard Bodley Scott

pharnabazus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by pharnabazus »

I am very excited as this is one of my favorite historic periods and it is usually much neglected by the world at large.

My only disappointment is that if the timeline had been moved back just a few decades, the larger Aramean states (Aram-Damascus, Hamath, etc.) could have been added as well.
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

The last two DLCs have been very narrow in scope. I think it is likely that there will be some armies and periods we will never see.
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

Delbruck wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:35 pm The last two DLCs have been very narrow in scope. I think it is likely that there will be some armies and periods we will never see.
The time period has been narrower but the number of new units, army lists and battles/campaigns has been fairly constant. The length of the covered period has to be shorter when there's a lot of historical change like the Rise of Persia which covers the late days of ancient chariot warfare while the Age of Belisarius is a part of the transition from classical era to dark and medieval ages. Immortal fire covered over 200 years of history but only added 10 new units, the least in any dlc. I think Rise of Persia is actually the most ambitious dlc so far.
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

The pictures look good.
Thank you for making more expansions
I like the shields and their garb is cool too.
Will Persia have more infantry now? In the previous DLC they use mostly cavalry and archers so they were overrun in melee (which is actually quite historical to be honest) but they did have a lot of light melee troops in the Persian armies too from what I've seen in books.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:49 am The pictures look good.
Thank you for making more expansions
I like the shields and their garb is cool too.
Will Persia have more infantry now? In the previous DLC they use mostly cavalry and archers so they were overrun in melee (which is actually quite historical to be honest) but they did have a lot of light melee troops in the Persian armies too from what I've seen in books.
The Persian army changed over time. The infantry in the earlier armies were mainly Sparabara archers. Later on they abandoned the sparabara system and used more melee-orientated infantry.

Having said that, the composition you want is pretty much the composition of the Median Empire army in this DLC. These have Median Medium Foot spearmen (see the screenshot above) plus some Sparabara archers supplied by their Persian vassals, plus plenty of armoured and unarmoured horse archer cavalry.
Richard Bodley Scott

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Thank you rbodleyscott.
Those Sparabara archers really chewed up the Egyptian army in the sample video from Richard so they seem pretty good. I got crushed in the Gaugamela battle though when I was using them.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:05 am Thank you rbodleyscott.
Those Sparabara archers really chewed up the Egyptian army in the sample video from Richard so they seem pretty good. I got crushed in the Gaugamela battle though when I was using them.
They are just not built to fight Alexander’s army.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Ya which is historical I think cause Alexander's army was particularly designed to defeat the Persians.
I didn't mind losing the Gaugamela battle. I went into the battle actually expecting to lose cause I know what those hoplites and sarissa spears do when they finally catch the archers.
I like the look of the Sparabara units cause of their nice big shields.
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

Wonderful and exceptional add on! :o
Finally the armies of "Swifter than Eagles" are beginning to appear.
Now FoG it's one of the very few game the cover this period of history.
Can't wait to buy it! :mrgreen:

Thank's to Richard and all the guys of Slitherine! :D
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

Return to “Field of Glory II”