Armored Veteran Roman Hoplites...with Lambda symbol on shiel

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Armored Veteran Roman Hoplites...with Lambda symbol on shiel

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Not sure whether to post this in tech support or here, and I'm not sure this has been addressed before. I am playing a multiplayer game against my opponent who is early Roman(not sure exact dates of his army), at any rate his veteran armored Roman hoplites have the Spartan Lambda symbol on their shields. Is this correct? Did some mercenary Spartan hoplites fight for Rome during this time, or historically was this symbol indeed painted on their shields? Really curious.
Cheers
Alex
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Armored Veteran Roman Hoplites...with Lambda symbol on s

Post by julianbarker »

I think all Veteran Armoured Hopolites use the same model which has a lamda on the shield. There are only a limited number of models in the game so many models are shared across army lists.

The TT Custom Mod which replaces a lot of models and tweaks a lot of army lists uses a different model which looks the same but has a different shield for the Roman 1st Class Spearmen which is the direct equivalent to the stock Veteran Armoured Hoplite.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

julianbarker wrote:I think all Veteran Armoured Hopolites use the same model which has a lamda on the shield. There are only a limited number of models in the game so many models are shared across army lists.

The TT Custom Mod which replaces a lot of models and tweaks a lot of army lists uses a different model which looks the same but has a different shield for the Roman 1st Class Spearmen which is the direct equivalent to the stock Veteran Armoured Hoplite.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

julianbarker wrote:I think all Veteran Armoured Hopolites use the same model which has a lamda on the shield. There are only a limited number of models in the game so many models are shared across army lists.
Each unit type has side A and side B texture sets. Romans and Spartans always use the Side A set, even if they are Side B, unless it is a civil war. The Side A texture for the Superior Armoured Hoplite is the Lambda shield (there are different shield patterns for the Side B set).

However, this does mean that the early Romans use the Lambda shield. This is obviously ahistorical, but it isn't known what shield patterns the early Romans used, so whatever shield pattern we used would be ahistorical.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”