Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with Bronze Age scenarios and icons out April 21 2023

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool (SP/MP, currently v0.4 with scenarios for all DLCs)

Post by TimDee58 »

Thanks I'll look at it over the weekend
TimDee58

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool (SP/MP, currently v0.4 with scenarios for all DLCs)

Post by TimDee58 »

You have a PM Nijis :)
SteveD64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SteveD64 »

SteveD64 -
I think that's an issue with the auto-update.. If you can uninstall the earlier version manually, you can try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c912l6927 ... e.rar/file
So, as an fyi, it turned out to be something with the Digital Signature (it wasn't trusted). After I dealt with that, I went in to each application, right clicked on it, then checked the box "unblock". That did it. Never had that happen before and the fact that I fixed it should be considered some sort of miracle. :wink:

Thanks for your work on this!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Thanks for the update, and glad it worked!
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

I'm curious did anything ever come out of this?
by pipfromslitherine » 25 Apr 2018 13:46
It would not be outside the realms of possibility to allow some way to spawn the FoG2 EXE with a command line to start up battles. Obviously we would need to determine what is needed to kick off a game, and the level of customisation required, i.e. specific unit selections vs potluck etc.

Cheers

Pip
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

The game probably wasn't ready back then but I think it is now. I've certainly given some thought to what I might do, and will check in with him again...
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Great! I really think it has potential.

Is there any way to make the map full screen?
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Is there any way to make the map full screen?
Not right now - the game is default windowed. I'll look into how to make fullscreen an option though.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Alternately, if you can use Visual Studio and Monogame (both are free, I think), I can send you the solution and you can tinker with it directly.
Hi, can you send to me please?

thanks!

Steve
Talizh2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Talizh2 »

I just wanted to thank Nijis for this awesome tool. It has really gotten me back into the FOG2 after a long time away from the game. It is exactly what I was looking for in a FOG campaign.

A thought occurred to me last night that it would be an awesome option to have Tides of Conquest single-player campaign occasionally prompt the player to play the in-built FOG campaign tool. So, for example, instead of resolving a battle at the end of your turn you are asked to play a campaign of 3-5 battles and input the result of the final battle (with a campaign loss being a total defeat). This could represent a particularly intense campaigning season and would allow the player to enjoy the drama of accumulating experience over the course of several battles and climatically defeating the enemy in a final confrontation. Perhaps this mini-campaign would only happen once in a life-time, when invading an enemy's capital, or randomly if a conquer command is given and an enemy field army is in the same square, etc.

Another wish would be if the campaigns in the Mediterranean had fleets too, with an option to either randomly resolve the battle automatically or to play the battle within Slitherine's ancient naval warfare game Mare Nostrvm. Mare Nostrvm has a pretty flexible scenario generator, like the custom battles of FOG2, and uses a similar rout/loss mechanism. Then we could really fight the Punic Wars in all of their glory.

Anyhow, those are just my personal wish list. Even without them, this tool has made my day. Thanks again!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Thanks for the kind words, and am glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

I can definitely add Mare Nostrum suggestions as an option for singleplayer, and I just need to look at campaigns and see how that would work as well. I was also thinking of adding in some of the other game modes, like baggage train - again as an option for singleplayer.

I was going to add preferences so players could exclude certain armies and get alternative suggestions if they don't own DLCs, so Mare Nostrum and campaigns could be added as preferences as well.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Nijis, in case you missed my post, can you send me the solution? I've just started teaching myself Monogame etc.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Sorry about that! Check your DMs.

If you can load the .cs but the game crashes when you start, it's probably because you need to set up the content with Pipeline. Luckily there are only three assets in the folder - two maps, one unused, and a white pixel.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

:D
Talizh2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Talizh2 »

Nijis wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm Thanks for the kind words, and am glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

I can definitely add Mare Nostrum suggestions as an option for singleplayer, and I just need to look at campaigns and see how that would work as well. I was also thinking of adding in some of the other game modes, like baggage train - again as an option for singleplayer.

I was going to add preferences so players could exclude certain armies and get alternative suggestions if they don't own DLCs, so Mare Nostrum and campaigns could be added as preferences as well.
Awesome! Looking forward to it :lol:
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

How would you rate the difficulty of campaigns, by the way? If you play a 3-game campaign at level 4, and need to win all three battles, do you think that's about equal to a level 5 single skirmish?
Talizh2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Talizh2 »

Yes, I believe that a 3-game campaign at level 4 is equal to a level 5 single skirmish. You could also tell the player to complete a 3-game campaign on progressive difficulty starting at Level 3, which results in a level 5 grand finale.
Standard Nerd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Standard Nerd »

I'm very interested in this tool! Unfortunately I'm having issues with installing the latest version 0.4.1 After I extract the folder to desktop using WINRAR and run setup I have an error with application download. Please see the attached picture for more details. Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Standard Nerd
Attachments
ToC_Setup_Error.png
ToC_Setup_Error.png (642.73 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Hi Standard - sorry about that! Just a couple of questions - 1) had you installed any previous version, and 2) what version of Windows are you using?

One thing that often works, btw, is to fully extract the folder, so that the fully extracted file (not an archive) is on your desktop, and only THEN clicking the setup icon.
Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

Thanks for the quick reply! 1) This is the first version I have had installed! 2) I'm using Windows 10.

Are you recommending having the setup file on the desktop as opposed to the FoG Campaign 0.401 folder being on the desktop?

Return to “Field of Glory II”