Odoacers Army

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Odoacers Army

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Can you fine FOG folks tell me which army best represents Odoacer's army in his Italian kingdom? Germanic foot, Germanic Horse armies, or perhaps Foederati Roman? Really not sure.
All opinions appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
kordynt
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Odoacers Army

Post by kordynt »

So far as I can tell, Gothic foederati towards 476 were mainly heavy horse. Charles Oman repeatedly harps on their reputation as lancers. The Germanic horse tribe list is probably the closest. I couldn't find any data from Odoacer's campaigns on Google and I don't have the time at the moment to dig deeper.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

According to the Legions Triumphant army list book (for the FoG table top rules set), Odoacer's army is included in the Foederate Roman list.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:According to the Legions Triumphant army list book (for the FoG table top rules set), Odoacer's army is included in the Foederate Roman list.
Yes I was thinking that it would best be represented by the Roman 425-492 list, picking the maximum number of noble lancers and warband units and filling up with a few Roman units.
Richard Bodley Scott

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks all.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Paul59 wrote:According to the Legions Triumphant army list book (for the FoG table top rules set), Odoacer's army is included in the Foederate Roman list.
Yes I was thinking that it would best be represented by the Roman 425-492 list, picking the maximum number of noble lancers and warband units and filling up with a few Roman units.
Although that probably has too few foederati and too many Romans.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”