Newbie Hotseat question

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
abbafan53
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Newbie Hotseat question

Post by abbafan53 »

I have noticed that when playing a battle in Hotseat mode, the second player is not able to select his units from the army list. Also, it is not possible to set each side to the same points value. This is rather disappointing, as Hotseat is my favourite type of play. :(

Is it intentional and, if so, what is the rationale? Or am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise, this looks like a fine game which I am looking forward to playing. :D
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Newbie Hotseat question

Post by TheGrayMouser »

abbafan53 wrote:I have noticed that when playing a battle in Hotseat mode, the second player is not able to select his units from the army list. Also, it is not possible to set each side to the same points value. This is rather disappointing, as Hotseat is my favourite type of play. :(

Is it intentional and, if so, what is the rationale? Or am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise, this looks like a fine game which I am looking forward to playing. :D

Hmm you can adjust the points by clicking on advanced options.... Your right though , using the hotseat mode ingame does not allow for the "second" player to choose force selection.
Not sure if they can fix this or not, but in the meantime you could play "hotseat" over the server by accepting your own (password protected) challenge as you would get to purchase for both sides.. and watch your own replay that you just Played minutes before haha...
abbafan53

Post by abbafan53 »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Hmm you can adjust the points by clicking on advanced options.... Your right though , using the hotseat mode ingame does not allow for the "second" player to choose force selection.
Not sure if they can fix this or not, but in the meantime you could play "hotseat" over the server by accepting your own (password protected) challenge as you would get to purchase for both sides.. and watch your own replay that you just Played minutes before haha...
Thanks for the tip - I adjusted the points via the advanced options, but I was unable to equalise them completely.

I'm not using "hotseat" as a euphemism - my friend and I actually do play against each other at the same computer. It's a 'sociable' form of war gaming; like table top gaming but without all the dice rolling and record keeping! :D
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

abbafan53 wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote: Hmm you can adjust the points by clicking on advanced options.... Your right though , using the hotseat mode ingame does not allow for the "second" player to choose force selection.
Thanks for the tip - I adjusted the points via the advanced options, but I was unable to equalise them completely.

I'm not using "hotseat" as a euphemism - my friend and I actually do play against each other at the same computer. It's a 'sociable' form of war gaming; like table top gaming but without all the dice rolling and record keeping! :D
Ahh then yould be even better off playing using the server as your real opponent can watch your moves with the FOG still on effect

You should be able to tweak the points down to the single digit exactitude you need, there is a button where you change the points per mouse click in 100 50 10 and 1 increments.
abbafan53

Post by abbafan53 »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
abbafan53 wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote:
Ahh then yould be even better off playing using the server as your real opponent can watch your moves with the FOG still on effect

You should be able to tweak the points down to the single digit exactitude you need, there is a button where you change the points per mouse click in 100 50 10 and 1 increments.
That sounds like a good idea. But how do I set it up and make it private so that no one else picks up the challenge?
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

just put a password on the challenge
Image Image
abbafan53

Post by abbafan53 »

It worked! Many thanks for all the advice. 8)

Return to “Field of Glory II”