UX wish list after a handful of games

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
ashtheking001
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

UX wish list after a handful of games

Post by ashtheking001 »

After a bunch of games there are some interface changes that I would love to see.

1 - Better formatting of the battle details pop-up. Instead of a text log format, I'd prefer a table with two columns, one for each side, with each row clearly stating which unit has which characteristic/equipment/situation. Then a final summary row showing which unit has the final advantage and a final row with the winner. That way you could see at a glance what's going on and why

2 - Launch straight to multiplayer from the launch screen. When a move comes in, it'd be great to be able to launch the game, get automatically logged in (if credentials have been set) and be taken to the "your moves" screen. For bonus points, a little taskbar widget which shows when moves arrive and can launch the game to that specific game would be even better. But I'd happily take a "go to multiplayer" shortcut.

3 - AP cost on hover. When you're thinking about what to do, it's not always clear (at least for beginners) what will coast how many APs. On hover, the cost should be shown like the combat probabilities are for melee.

Other than that, really liking the game. Thanks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: UX wish list after a handful of games

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks. But for item 3 it already is.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You can add

AUTOLOGIN 1

to your My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/USER.TXT file and it will automatically log you in when you hit Multiplayer.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ashtheking001

Post by ashtheking001 »

@rbodleyscott: so it is. How did I not notice it? thanks!

@pipfromslitherine: Ah thanks, autologin in user.txt works great. But... still think this should be just part of the UI.

Return to “Field of Glory II”