Unable to join Silk Road mod multiplayer challenges

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
coturnix
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Unable to join Silk Road mod multiplayer challenges

Post by coturnix »

Hello

I have downloaded every user content available for this game, but for some reason when i enter multiplayer the challenges using Silk Road mod appear grayed out. I have the mod downloaded because i can create custom battles with it (and the downloadable content list is empty) but i´m at a loss about what´s missing here being new to the game.

Any help appreciated.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Unable to join Silk Road mod multiplayer challenges

Post by rbodleyscott »

coturnix wrote:Hello

I have downloaded every user content available for this game, but for some reason when i enter multiplayer the challenges using Silk Road mod appear grayed out. I have the mod downloaded because i can create custom battles with it (and the downloadable content list is empty) but i´m at a loss about what´s missing here being new to the game.

Any help appreciated.
SP custom battles use a different module from MP custom battles.

You need to look in /Documents/MY Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

for a folder called

SILK ROAD MULTIPLAYER V1.1

It is possible that the challenges were set by someone with a different version of the mod from you.
Richard Bodley Scott

coturnix

Post by coturnix »

rbodleyscott wrote:
coturnix wrote:Hello

Any help appreciated.
SP custom battles use a different module from MP custom battles.

You need to look in /Documents/MY Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

for a folder called

SILK ROAD MULTIPLAYER V1.1

It is possible that the challenges were set by someone with a different version of the mod from you.
Thanks for the answer. I have checked and the folder you mention is there so i guess it´s a different version then.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

coturnix wrote:Thanks for the answer. I have checked and the folder you mention is there so i guess it´s a different version then.
Except that I have that version and I can see Sennacherib's challenge not greyed out.

I would try deleting the folder and then re-downloading it.
Richard Bodley Scott

coturnix

Post by coturnix »

Ups, now i know what i was doing wrong: i was totally fixated in two challenges that appear grayed out, but now i can see in the tooltip that they use version 1.0 :oops:

Sennacherib´s challenge doesn´t appear grayed out indeed, but i hadn´t even noticed it. I was totally blinded by the aforementioned grayed out challenges.

Glad to know everything´s working ok, and thanks for the help!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

coturnix wrote:Ups, now i know what i was doing wrong: i was totally fixated in two challenges that appear grayed out, but now i can see in the tooltip that they use version 1.0 :oops:
You wouldn't have been able to join them anyway, as they are passworded.

If you want to play a Silk Road game I suggest you create some challenges yourself (non-passworded). They should get picked up quite quickly.

Note that there is currently a bug in the mod that stops Persians and Skythians from working, so don't pick those. The Armoured Horse Archers are incorrectly referenced in the mod, because the mod author (through no fault of his own) did not pick up on a last-minute change to the reference name just before IF was released. Because of the size of the mods, the fix will be released when the mod is expanded to cover the Legions Triumphant period.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”