Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Muso
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Post by Muso »

Have you bought Field of Glory II on Steam? Have you played it for hundreds of hours already?

Then please consider leaving a review on Steam for our game! Reviews really help new players understand what's good and what's bad about the game, and they most of the times choose whether or not to buy the game based on those.
It also helps the game in terms of visibility. More positive reviews means more people actually get to see the game, so if you want to help us out feel free to give your opinion about our game on the "Reviews" section!
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
Steam is a pretty good system but I prefer to support Slitherine.
I would post a very positive review of this game on steam if it would let me.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

GiveWarAchance wrote:I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
But you can mark those reviews you think are useful and/or match your own thoughts and you can leave comments supporting a reviewer (If you've bought from Slitherine your code is also your Steam Key). You can even leave your own review.
Right now the most highly rated review is negative and innacurate and 100+ people have rated it as useful.
Last edited by Patrick Ward on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

GiveWarAchance wrote:I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
u can type your game code into "activate steam product" under games tab in the upper left corner. i have slitherine copy and i did it (works 100%)

that way you can have steam copy and slitherine copy, i prefer steam interface and all my other games are there so i use steam
and it also counts how many hours you played (400 here)
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Patrick Ward wrote:
But you can mark those reviews you think are useful and/or match your own thoughts and you can leave comments supporting a reviewer (If you've bought from Slitherine your code is also your Steam Key). You can even leave your own review.
Right now the most highly rated review is negative and innacurate and 100+ people have rated it as useful.
Thank you lapdog and Patrick. I will do that code thing you advised on steam.
If I see that infamous slanderous negative review filled with blasphemy likely posted by a jealous competitor in that game genre, I will add a positive reply to it as an antidote to the treachery.
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

I really like the game and highly recommend it.

The only improvement I would suggest is normal play by email. I prefer the simplicity and directness of a file sent by email using an email of my choice. I don't like being tied to a system. I have a dedicated email for my wargaming files but now I will have to use my general email that I used to register with Matrix and Slitherine to continue a game.

Why not offer both options and/or let a player choose the email he wishes to use to receive files.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

z1812z wrote:I really like the game and highly recommend it.

The only improvement I would suggest is normal play by email. I prefer the simplicity and directness of a file sent by email using an email of my choice. I don't like being tied to a system. I have a dedicated email for my wargaming files but now I will have to use my general email that I used to register with Matrix and Slitherine to continue a game.

Why not offer both options and/or let a player choose the email he wishes to use to receive files.
Because it would mean additional coding, testing, and maintenance for an extra system which is less simple to use for most players. We need to prioritise our work on that which brings the greatest benefit. Sorry! :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Anyway .. back to the OP ... positive reviews, especially on Steam, mean we get put in front of more potential buyers .. more potential buyers means more potential sales .. more potential sales means a greater liklihood that the game will continue to be supported and developed for.

You know what to do :D

Pat a Pixel Pusher

kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

Is there a way to activate a code on GOG? I'd like to leave a review on GoG, but AFAIK, you cant connect a slitherine store game to GoG. :(. This game does deserve more love.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kongxinga wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:05 am Is there a way to activate a [Slitherine] code on GOG?
I don't think so.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

I posted mine today. Had to truncate the hell out of it thanks to Steam's word count. I figured I'd describe more the heart of the game as opposed to a list of functions.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... ed/660160/

Mord.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mord wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 pm I posted mine today. Had to truncate the hell out of it thanks to Steam's word count. I figured I'd describe more the heart of the game as opposed to a list of functions.

Mord.
Nicely written review.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord

Post by Mord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:04 pm
Nicely written review.
Thanks very much! I worked really hard on it. I found out that it can be much bigger when you edit it for some reason. So I ended up refining it like a hundred times. I just finished it, I think. LOL. I've been writing it since 10 am. I am at least done for today! I hope it's good enough to inspire some people to delve further or even purchase a copy.

Mord.
kath88
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kath88 »

Mord wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 pm I posted mine today. Had to truncate the hell out of it thanks to Steam's word count. I figured I'd describe more the heart of the game as opposed to a list of functions.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... ed/660160/ vidmate

Mord.
Great Review.

Fantastic write-up!
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Mord.
Excellent review Mord. Thanks.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Mord

Post by Mord »

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

Mord.
Mord

Post by Mord »

I just updated it again. Rewrote one whole paragraph and added two more, while changing a few lines or words in others. I think I am truly done now! Outside of my suspect grammar...

Mord.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mord wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:19 pm I just updated it again. Rewrote one whole paragraph and added two more, while changing a few lines or words in others. I think I am truly done now! Outside of my suspect grammar...

Mord.
Very nice. Thank you.
Richard Bodley Scott

ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

kongxinga wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:05 amIs there a way to activate a code on GOG? I'd like to leave a review on GoG
You don't need to own the game at GOG' to put here a review.

I have a very old Steam account (17 years? for DayOfDefeat), but found it very bad, with the worst customers, so I never use it.
I had reinstalled it for Squad game few year ago, but soon removed it all.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I don't know how to pull up my own review. :)

Anyway ...

I am an RTW1/Darth Mod 9/Roma Surrectum 3/Europa Barbarorum 1, MTW2/Europa Barbarorum 2, and RTW2/Divide et Empirium 2.4 player; also play the AGEOD AGE engine Rome games. For me, I have never liked TBS game systems.

Having said that, I love this game. I have the base game: Empires, Immortal Fire, and Legions Triumphant. The UI is a real pleasure. It is clear and well thought out. It lacks the tedious nature of many TBS games.

In fact, I cannot imagine a better UI than the one designed. It should be noted, I am retired CTO (chief technology officer) of software engineering. The UI is clean, clear, and intuitive.

The actual battles flow very rapidly while communicating the key facts, but you have the options of ponderously analyzing all the underlying mechanics; if you wish. The mechanics are well thought out and sensible for this time period of history.

The AI puts up a good fight. It is no Alexander, but then, there is MP for those who want real challenge. The AI and game configuration options allow for plenty of challenge. The battles are anything, but monotonous as there is the possibility for many random elements both on and off the field of battle.

The amount of content/replay value is pretty much boundless and the game is offered at a very fair price when one considers other developers/publishers who begin game design not from "game play" or "software design", but business model aka nickel and diming.

You will find yourself saying, I am just going to start a campaign for a few hours ... and 7-8 hours later, you are still in "just one more turn mode".

There is the linkage with Empires that puts this on par with the TW series.

The AI is a constant. Difficulty is not handled by increasing OPFOR stats or asymmetric mechanics. Difficulty is created by giving the AI more units. Thus, you will be generally forced into a defensive style of play especially as you improve. This is both good and bad. Sometimes, I would like to simply charge the OPFOR ... but you are asking to be flanked if you do so.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Return to “Field of Glory II”