Bosporan Units Missing?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Bosporan Units Missing?

Post by AlexDetrojan »

So I fired up a game on Immortal Fire with my beloved Bosporan army. To my surprise I noted that City Militia units were missing as a choice. Now as I remember in FOG 1 City Militia were an option. Also my readings indicate that these citizen city militia were an integral part of their forces. I assume that the irregular medium foot option available is not the City Militia, as to me they should represent Sindi soldiers. Is this a developer oversight, or is there some rational reason for this? Any insight would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Bosporan Units Missing?

Post by jomni »

Are the stats of the two units mentioned the same?
If so, gameplay-wise, the irregular foot can represent both.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thats a good question. In fog 1 city militia can be represented by anything from drilled protected>armoured light spear, sword average medium foot. Sindi soldiers are represented by undrilled unprotected bow average medium foot to protected light spear average light/medium foot depending on which option is picked...so no, I would say the stats are really not the same.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Then let’s see what Richard has to say then.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

We chose to represent them as thureophoroi (or imitation legions). There really isn't any evidence for the light spear, swordsmen classification in FOG1. Greek-style troops would be more likely.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”