Field of Glory II v1.1.8 Update Released

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Field of Glory II v1.1.8 Update Released

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Everyone
As we have said before, thanks all for your feedback and support.
Richard, Pat et al are putting the finishing touches to the 2nd DLC for Field of Glory II but in the meantime here is a small update (v1.1.8 ) that corrects a tournament scoring and a pbem issue that a few players reported

v1.1.8 is compatible with save games from 1.0.2
If you are playing a multiplayer game then both you and your opponent will need to update your versions.
This is a comprehensive update.

V1.1.8 is available from the Members & Public areas (and of course you can obtain it by 'checking for update' when starting the game)
Members Area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=651

And from the Public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/FieldOfG ... v1.1.8.zip

v1.1.8 – January 25, 2018
- Fixed bug that could prevent MP turn being resent if connection to server failed on player’s first turn of game.

- Corrected tournament scoring bug that awarded +60 points to the player ahead on points when a game is ended by the turn limit. What should happen (and now does) if the turn limit is reached without either army breaking is that both sides should only score the enemy rout percentage. (Despite either side claiming “victory” for holding the field of battle).

- Corrected levy spearmen combat animation bug.
canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Field of Glory II v1.1.8 Update Released

Post by canuckgamer »

Does this patch correct the issue with Silk Road multiplayer games? I haven't tried Silk Road so am a little confused about what was going on. Thanks.
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Hi, the new patch is not yet available on steam, I set up automatic patch downloading but until now my version is still 1.1.7
When will it be available?

I downloaded the patch from Slitherine web site, it didn't work because didn't recognise the game installed.
Any suggestion?

Many thanks

Cheers

Stefano
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

canuckgamer wrote:Does this patch correct the issue with Silk Road multiplayer games? I haven't tried Silk Road so am a little confused about what was going on. Thanks.
The issue is fixed by downloading the latest version of Silk Road MP.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

XLegione wrote:Hi, the new patch is not yet available on steam, I set up automatic patch downloading but until now my version is still 1.1.7
When will it be available?
It already is available. Not sure why it hasn't automatically downloaded on your system.

Try "Verify integrity of games files".

If that fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the STEAM version.
Richard Bodley Scott

BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BornGinger »

@XLegione

The only suggestion I have is to keep Field of Glory II away from Steam. As far as I understand, you have more to gain from that.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

rbodleyscott wrote:
canuckgamer wrote:Does this patch correct the issue with Silk Road multiplayer games? I haven't tried Silk Road so am a little confused about what was going on. Thanks.
So just to confirm. The download you are referring to is "Silk Road MP Custom Battles V1.1" found under User Content Downloads. Is that correct? Thanks.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

The MP fix is in Silk Road v1.1. You need to download the version with "multiplayer" indicated on the right.
You can also go on and delete v1.0 if you have no more ongoing games in that version.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Sorry Jomni but I am still confused. I downloaded the Silk Road module when it first came out. I can only access it through Custom Battle. Tonight I downloaded "Silk Road MP Custom Battles V1.1" which I found under User Content Downloads. I assume that "MP" refers to multiplayer. I do not see a Silk Road v1.1 with multiplayer on the right as indicated in your post or is that the same as what I downloaded?

I went to the Multiplayer Lobby and clicked on New Challenge. Then clicked on Create Skirmish. Then clicked on Custom Battle. Then clicked on the box just to the right of the Field of Glory II banner. Then clicked on Silk Road Skirmishes and launched. Two Silk Road V1.0 show so it appears that neither one is the correct one.

You indicate that I could go and delete v1.0 but how? I opened up Windows Explorer and looked under Slitherine/Field of Glory folders and I don't see Silk Road.

Your help is much appreciated.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

canuckgamer wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:
So just to confirm. The download you are referring to is "Silk Road MP Custom Battles V1.1" found under User Content Downloads. Is that correct? Thanks.
Yes. To avoid confusion you will need to delete the old version from /Documents/MyGames/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER - provided that you don'rt have any ongoing games using it.

Also note that there is a bug affecting Achamaenid Persian armies that stops them being used in this version. This will be corrected in the next version,
Richard Bodley Scott

kingi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by kingi »

how can i add this new mod to play the game it is not working
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kingi wrote:how can i add this new mod to play the game it is not working
Which new mod do you mean?
Richard Bodley Scott

kingi

Post by kingi »

when i go into the game it says i need to update but steam says on latest version
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kingi wrote:when i go into the game it says i need to update but steam says on latest version
Please go into the settings menu. Which version number does it show at the bottom of the screen?
Richard Bodley Scott

Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

While I had Silk Road downloaded and was able to update, I don't feel that official FOG II updates should require the download of community supplied battles or campaigns.

My opinion is that official FOG 2 updates should only need the Base game downloaded. Buyers should not be required to download any/all community scenarios or even buy every DLC in order to keep their game updated to the latest version. Just one persons opinion. :)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Yogi the Great wrote:While I had Silk Road downloaded and was able to update, I don't feel that official FOG II updates should require the download of community supplied battles or campaigns.

My opinion is that official FOG 2 updates should only need the Base game downloaded. Buyers should not be required to download any/all community scenarios or even buy every DLC in order to keep their game updated to the latest version. Just one persons opinion. :)
We agree, and you do not need to download any community supplied battles or campaigns, or purchase any DLCs, to get the official v1.1.8 update, nor will you for any future updates.

The thread rather got hijacked in discussions about the Silk Road mod, which has perhaps caused some confusion.
Richard Bodley Scott

Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Yogi the Great wrote:While I had Silk Road downloaded and was able to update, I don't feel that official FOG II updates should require the download of community supplied battles or campaigns.

We agree, and you do not need to download any community supplied battles or campaigns, or purchase any DLCs, to get the official v1.1.8 update, nor will you for any future updates.

The thread rather got hijacked in discussions about the Silk Road mod, which has perhaps caused some confusion.
Thanks, yes I apparently was confused by the one post and thought it suggested Silk Road latest version had to be downloaded for it to work, but it was only referring to Silk Road issues.
majgentob
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by majgentob »

Just wanted to say thank you for the fix to the spear levy animation; looks great!
I
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

majgentob wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for the fix to the spear levy animation; looks great!
It was a typo in the animation file. It was showing 1 frame from a different animation at the start of each cycle, hence the shield flick. It did not get spotted in beta because the levy spearman isn't yet used in the vanilla game.
Richard Bodley Scott

majgentob
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by majgentob »

I know how it feels to try and create perfection with a product that has thousands of moving parts. You guys do a great job. Please keep up the great work!

Return to “Field of Glory II”