Field of Glory II 'Table Top Mod' - AVAILABLE NOW!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
elrond petit pas tapons
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Field of Glory II 'Table Top Mod' - AVAILABLE NOW!

Post by elrond petit pas tapons »

Thx all !
bodkin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bodkin »

Thanks for this mod, I’ve noticed a small graphical bug on the gladiators shield it seems to ‘pop’ in and out when the soldier is idle. Not a game breaker but a little distracting when zoomed in.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

bodkin wrote:Thanks for this mod, I’ve noticed a small graphical bug on the gladiators shield it seems to ‘pop’ in and out when the soldier is idle. Not a game breaker but a little distracting when zoomed in.
Yes, I see what you mean, I had not noticed that before. However, the model and animation file is unaltered from the vanilla Veteran Italian Foot model, which has the same popping problem.

So the problem is with the original files, nothing to do with any changes that I have made to the textures. I will raise this with the developer.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:
bodkin wrote:Thanks for this mod, I’ve noticed a small graphical bug on the gladiators shield it seems to ‘pop’ in and out when the soldier is idle. Not a game breaker but a little distracting when zoomed in.
Yes, I see what you mean, I had not noticed that before. However, the model and animation file is unaltered from the vanilla Veteran Italian Foot model, which has the same popping problem.

So the problem is with the original files, nothing to do with any changes that I have made to the textures. I will raise this with the developer.
Will let the animator know.
Richard Bodley Scott

simpleninja
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by simpleninja »

rbodleyscott wrote:
stefankollers wrote:Another great mod from Paul. Thanks for all the hard work time and effort that has gone into the making of this. Just one question...Will this mod work with the AI mod ? Thanks again.
Potentially, but you currently can't load them both at the same time. We are working on that.
Looking forward to this! Great work on the mod, units look brilliant.
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

Great work! Much appreciated.
But I can’t seem to find that Assyrian looking unit, in the second pic.
The are next to the Lydian hoplites, so I assumed they woud be in one of the Persian armies.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Latro wrote:Great work! Much appreciated.
But I can’t seem to find that Assyrian looking unit, in the second pic.
The are next to the Lydian hoplites, so I assumed they woud be in one of the Persian armies.
They are in the Lydian army.
Richard Bodley Scott

cfeicht_slith
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cfeicht_slith »

I downloaded the TT Mod from the game interface but I don't see any of the new lists or graphics. Is there something more I need to do to make it work?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

cfeicht_slith wrote:I downloaded the TT Mod from the game interface but I don't see any of the new lists or graphics. Is there something more I need to do to make it work?
The Mod isn't automatically run.

When you go into Customs Battles, click the button at the top whose tooltip tip says "Select another module". Pick "TT Mod Custom Battles" and click the Launch button.
Richard Bodley Scott

majgentob
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by majgentob »

Lovely mod - much appreciated. Noticed tiny graphical bug: shield flicker 2nd and 3rd line Roman and Italic spear; glitch is similar to the one for the levy spear fixed by the last patch before this one.Happens during melees.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

majgentob wrote:Lovely mod - much appreciated. Noticed tiny graphical bug: shield flicker 2nd and 3rd line Roman and Italic spear; glitch is similar to the one for the levy spear fixed by the last patch before this one.Happens during melees.
Thank you. For the 2nd and 3rd Line Romans and Italians I used the standard Triarii model, I have not altered it at all, apart from the different textures, so the problem is probably with the original model. There are a few models that have tiny glitches like this, I will let the developer know.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by toska »

I love this mod and I would like to know if the author intends to continue updating it to the last and new DLCs
matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

Hello,

I really love your mod

Can we hope an update in order to see troops upgrading with experience (raw leg to leg, then to veteran leg...)

Thanks
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

matlegob wrote:Hello,

I really love your mod

Can we hope an update in order to see troops upgrading with experience (raw leg to leg, then to veteran leg...)

Thanks
If I ever release an update that will surely be included.

many thanks

FOGII TT Mod Creator

matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

Hello,

I find a solution: you can put the "squad" file from the "rise and fall of the roman army" momd, into the TTmod campaign

It works welle, but some news units will miss forme the german tribe and the seleucide, so you have to take the file for this mod from the "rise and fall of the roman army" to the TTcampaign

I have test it yeasterday and I saw my troops evolve from raw legeionnaire to legionnaire and then to veteran ones

WOnderfull!!!

Thanks Paul 59 for this marvellous mod, I really hope a update soon

PS: this works well with the 1.3 beta patch, so your update will work fine with the 3rd DLC
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

matlegob wrote:Hello,

I find a solution: you can put the "squad" file from the "rise and fall of the roman army" momd, into the TTmod campaign

It works welle, but some news units will miss forme the german tribe and the seleucide, so you have to take the file for this mod from the "rise and fall of the roman army" to the TTcampaign

I have test it yeasterday and I saw my troops evolve from raw legeionnaire to legionnaire and then to veteran ones

WOnderfull!!!

Thanks Paul 59 for this marvellous mod, I really hope a update soon

PS: this works well with the 1.3 beta patch, so your update will work fine with the 3rd DLC
Congratulations on your detective work!

I can't guarantee that you won't get some mismatches though. I might have changed some things in the latest Squads.csv file (the one that the Rise and Fall of the Roman Army campaign uses) that might cause some problems with the original version of the TT Mod. If you do have missing models or textures you might be able to find them in the Rise and Fall of the Roman Army Data folder, but it does not have everything, because it does not need everything.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

I addition of the squad file, I have also copy and paste all the untis and unit texture folder or the "rise and fall" to TTmod and its works perfectly

The only mismatch seems to be for the pedestrian extrordinari which have only 240 men but the unit appears with 8 soldiers on the field???
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

matlegob wrote:The only mismatch seems to be for the pedestrian extrordinari which have only 240 men but the unit appears with 8 soldiers on the field???
Thanks matlegob,

The Pedites Extraordinarii were originally 480 men in the TT Mod, but I had been toying with the idea to reduce them to a half strength unit, 240 men. I have decided to stick with 480 men, but it seems that I have released the Rise and Fall of the Roman Army campaign with them at 240 men, and forgotten to reduce the man count to 4! What a muddle!

I have decided to stick with them as a full strength 480 man unit for the TT Mod, so their stats should be

Man Count (column G) 8,
Points Cost (column L) 88,
Total Men (column AD) 480,
Unit Size (column AE) 600.

You can go ahead and change that yourself in the Squads.csv file.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

ok thanks
Asterix_von_TWC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC »

Wonderful mod... highly enjoyable and enhanced experience.... I missed this depth in army lists. Could we do anything to help encourage a LT update? One of the first steps would actually be a bit of differentiation in Roman factions and an expansion of Roman army lists with more auxiliaries I suppose. As a former modder myself, I do really understanding the lack of extent of community appreciation for herculean hours and personal life aside-setting needed.

Return to “Field of Glory II”