Game Speed in PBEM Games

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Game Speed in PBEM Games

Post by canuckgamer »

My friend and I both purchased FoG II in the last two days and just started our first PBEM game. In the settings on the first page I have game speed set at 50%. My friend is hosting our first game and to both of us the speed at which the units move seems much faster than the 50% I have set. I noticed that the game speed option is not available under settings from the game map. He changed his game speed to 50% this last turn but it still is fast.

Is the game speed fixed for pbem games? Or maybe his game speed was set at 100% at the start of our game and it cannot be changed part way through?

Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Game Speed in PBEM Games

Post by rbodleyscott »

I don't know the answer to that, but I will ask a man who does.
Richard Bodley Scott

canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Okay, I really hope the game speed can be adjusted in PBEM as it can be in solo play.When you get lots of melees, charges and volleys you have to run the replay multiple times to see everything that happened in your opponent's move. If not I hope you add it to the next update. Thank you.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

Usually my replays run at my speed, but some turns play back at a higher speed for some reason. Also, for some reason sometimes the music starts playing, even though I have it off. Kind of odd. Also, I didn't realize that you can uh, replay the replays--how do you do that?
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

If you look at the banner at the top left there is an arrow on the right side of the banner which you can click to view the replay again. Once you start making your move, the arrow disappears.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

IIRC the game speed should only apply to the current machine. It only causes the game to run more ticks-per-second on the model (if it can) and so can safely be different on each machine.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Pip, just to clarify, are you saying that it doesn't matter what game speed the host has his game set at and that my game speed will run at whatever my game speed is set at?

If yes,then what I am finding is that for the replays of his turns the units move much faster than the 50% game speed that I have set for my game.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

canuckgamer wrote:Pip, just to clarify, are you saying that it doesn't matter what game speed the host has his game set at and that my game speed will run at whatever my game speed is set at?

If yes,then what I am finding is that for the replays of his turns the units move much faster than the 50% game speed that I have set for my game.
Replays are accelerated.
Richard Bodley Scott

canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Okay, so replays are automatically accelerated. I hope that this can be changed in a future update so that we can choose the game speed for multiplayer moves and replays. To me, playing a game by pbem should be no different than a solo game when it comes to game options.

Thank you for the reply.
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

Don't worry, once you get more games under you belt, the speed thing won't be an issue anymore.

In fact, sometimes i wish it could be sped up
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Mike, the point I am trying to make is that everyone has a preference and that is why there is a game speed option for solo play. Why not also offer this option for multiplayer because most of my games will be multiplayer. To me the speed of moves and replays in multiplayer gives the impression of units always running or galloping rather than marching. I consider the game speed part of the graphics which adds to game immersion.

Return to “Field of Glory II”