MULTIPLAYER GAME FLAW

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
dusty280
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

MULTIPLAYER GAME FLAW

Post by dusty280 »

I believe Field of Glory II is a well done, fun game. The issue I would love to see resolved involves the multiplayer version of the game. When you are playing a game against another online opponent there is no way to view the current battlefield until it is your turn. During the process of waiting for your opponent to take their turn you are unable to see the battle. This means studying the playing field for your next move is not possible until after your opponent has completed their turn. Sometimes an opponent I am playing does not make their move until a few days after my move in multiplayer. It is very hard to remember that battle field and the previous results over a time period like that. I would love to see a fix to this flaw in the game.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: MULTIPLAYER GAME FLAW

Post by lapdog666 »

dusty280 wrote:I believe Field of Glory II is a well done, fun game. The issue I would love to see resolved involves the multiplayer version of the game. When you are playing a game against another online opponent there is no way to view the current battlefield until it is your turn. During the process of waiting for your opponent to take their turn you are unable to see the battle. This means studying the playing field for your next move is not possible until after your opponent has completed their turn. Sometimes an opponent I am playing does not make their move until a few days after my move in multiplayer. It is very hard to remember that battle field and the previous results over a time period like that. I would love to see a fix to this flaw in the game.

i share same feelings
chris_merchant
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chris_merchant »

- if your opponent takes days then perhaps look for more responsive players and stick with them
- you can always load up the turn when it's received, view the replay and save to mull over your response before firing back in anger
- an option as you described would be nice but I'd rather see dev time go into other features.

cbeers Chris
kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kilroy1 »

dusty280 wrote:I believe Field of Glory II is a well done, fun game. The issue I would love to see resolved involves the multiplayer version of the game. When you are playing a game against another online opponent there is no way to view the current battlefield until it is your turn. During the process of waiting for your opponent to take their turn you are unable to see the battle. This means studying the playing field for your next move is not possible until after your opponent has completed their turn. Sometimes an opponent I am playing does not make their move until a few days after my move in multiplayer. It is very hard to remember that battle field and the previous results over a time period like that. I would love to see a fix to this flaw in the game.
Press F2 to save a screenshot at the end of your turn before you send it to your opponent. I've done that many times. If you are using Windows 10 the screenshots are saved to C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\SCREENS

kilroy
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

chris_merchant wrote:- if your opponent takes days then perhaps look for more responsive players and stick with them
- you can always load up the turn when it's received, view the replay and save to mull over your response before firing back in anger
- an option as you described would be nice but I'd rather see dev time go into other features.

cbeers Chris

which features exactly

there isnt really much talk about any new game mechanics
dlcs are most of the new content
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

This is a feature that has been much-requested in all games which use the PBEM++ system, so I don't think that most of the development work for this feature would be FOG2-specific. It would be really nice to have.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The work to do this is very game specific so adding it to one game wouldn't help at all for other games unfortunately. It's on the wish list but there are many things on that list :)
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

Maybe I'm missing something here.

You see a replay that takes you from the end of your move to the end of your opponents move.

What else is there to see?
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

Najanaja wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here.

You see a replay that takes you from the end of your move to the end of your opponents move.

What else is there to see?
battlefield,after moves are made. i like to analyze situation especially when i am playing whole game in couple of hours

unfortunately Team viewer and anydesk are not very compatible with the game, so live mp is not an option

lagg is horrid

Return to “Field of Glory II”