Dropped MP games

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Dropped MP games

Post by devoncop »

Hi

Whilst 90%+ of my MP opponents have been brilliant there are a couple of opponents who have disappeared into the ether leaving the games cluttering up my games list...any way to "claim" the game of even just remove it from the list?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Dropped MP games

Post by rbodleyscott »

devoncop wrote:Hi

Whilst 90%+ of my MP opponents have been brilliant there are a couple of opponents who have disappeared into the ether leaving the games cluttering up my games list...any way to "claim" the game of even just remove it from the list?
That will be added in the next patch.
Richard Bodley Scott

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Brilliant. Thanks.
Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hendricus »

rbodleyscott wrote:

How about this: after waiting for a set period ( 7 days for example ) the computer assumes the opponent does no moves and does the obligatory melees and gives you the turn again.
Radio
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Radio »

Hendricus wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:

How about this: after waiting for a set period ( 7 days for example ) the computer assumes the opponent does no moves and does the obligatory melees and gives you the turn again.
To be honest if someone hasn't picked up a game after 7 days rather than fight the AI I'd just prefer the game to end and be deleted from my list of ongoing games - its obvious at that point there not coming back and even if they did I wouldn't want them to have to face dealing with the results of missing a turn. If after 7 days of not replying you really really want a rematch and have a great excuse for why you didn't reply just send a forums PM or something.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Radio wrote:
devoncop wrote:

To be honest if someone hasn't picked up a game after 7 days rather than fight the AI I'd just prefer the game to end and be deleted from my list of ongoing games - its obvious at that point there not coming back and even if they did I wouldn't want them to have to face dealing with the results of missing a turn. If after 7 days of not replying you really really want a rematch and have a great excuse for why you didn't reply just send a forums PM or something.
[/quote]

+1
If I wanted to play the AI I would do so...I also just want the ability to delete the game from my list after maybe a "claim game" 24 hour warning is generated to the other player..
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

I certainly wouldn't want an automated system of dropping games after a period of inactivity.
People may be away from their home/computer for several weeks and still let their opponent know and continue the game on their return.

However an option for a player to close out a game after their opponent has not sent a turn for a period of time would be nice.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

I have a Pike & Shot Campaigns PBEM opponent who plays very infrequently. I accepted his challenge of a historic battle, and he plays his turn every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind so much as long as he doesn't quit completely (especially when I think that I am winning).
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast

Return to “Field of Glory II”