Beyond the Fringe Tournament - ISSUE FIXED

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Beyond the Fringe Tournament - ISSUE FIXED

Post by Daniele »

IMPORTANT NOTE!
EDIT - The Tecnincal Issue has been fixed. The tournament page and the login system work properly now

We are pleased to announce the third Field of Glory 2 public tournament. This will be played using the normal Field of Glory 2 Multiplayer system and our automated tournament system.

A special request goes to the players who are currently playing in other FOG2 tournaments: if you are already playing one or two tournaments please consider leaving space to new players initially, and join at a later stage. There will be other tournaments in the future and we assure you no one will be left out.

To enter, go to the tournament page here:
http://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/tournaments.asp

The general tournament rules can be found here:
http://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/r ... terStatus=

The first round will commence on Tuesday 31st October 2017. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.

Specific tournament rules:
This tournament will involve three rounds. The battles will be medium-sized custom battles.
Round 1: Bosporan (84-11 BC) vs Sarmatian (North European Agricultural – Siracae/Iazygian invasion of Bosporus)
Round 2: Indian vs Indo-Greek (Tropical)
Round 3: Pontic (110-85 BC) vs Rhoxolani (North European Agricultural – Rhoxolani invasion of Bosporus)

Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. Each player will be able to choose his forces using the normal force selection system. Random maps are in use, so the two battles in each pair will be on different maps.
First round pairings will be selected randomly, subsequent rounds using the Swiss Chess system. Nobody will play the same opponent in more than one round.

The scoring system is as follows:
• If a game runs to the turn limit, each side scores points equal to the enemy % routed at the turn limit. If the game times out, adjustments may be made, depending on how far the game has progressed and who took longer over their turns – see below.
• If one army breaks, the victorious player scores 60 points plus the difference between the enemy % routed and his own % routed. The loser scores points equal to the winner's % routed.
Examples:
1) If Ben defeats Tamas's army, and has inflicted 45% routed on Tamas, and Tamas has inflicted 15% on Ben, Ben will score 60 + (45 – 15) = 90, Tamas will score 15.
2) However, if Ben defeated Tamas’s army by inflicting 62% routed on Tamas, and Tamas had inflicted 56% routed on Ben, Ben would get 60 + (62 – 56) = 66 points, and Tamas would get 56.
3) If the game is unfinished (or it reached the turn limit) with Ben inflicting 20% routed on Tamas, and Tamas inflicting 10% routed on Ben, Ben would score 20, and Tamas would score 10. (Provided that between them they have played at least 24 turns in all – see below).

Note that this system rewards aggressive play over desultory skirmishing. If you rout an enemy unit then hide for the rest of the game, both players will get extremely low scores - lower than if they played hard and lost.

Byes:
If an odd number of players sign up for the tournament, one player will get a bye in each round. In the first round this is random. In subsequent rounds it will be the player with the lowest score. The score for a BYE is 75 points for each game.
Round times and timing out:
Each round will last 10 days.
Any battles that are not completed by the end of the round will be timed out. The player who has had the game in his “My Turns” box the longest overall will be the one who is deemed to be timed out. This will not normally incur any penalties, unless insufficient turns have been played: If the timed-out player has played less than 12 turns, his score will be reduced proportionately, and his opponent will be granted the BYE score if it exceeds his current score. If the timed-out player has played less than 6 turns, he will not be included in the draw for the next round. This is to prevent someone else’s enjoyment being spoiled by being drawn against someone who has apparently dropped out of the tournament.
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Beyond the Fringe Tournament

Post by olin0111 »

That are some cool armies in this tournament. If there are any free places let us know when/if players who are already participating in a tournament can join.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

olin0111 wrote:That are some cool armies in this tournament. If there are any free places let us know when/if players who are already participating in a tournament can join.
Give it till at least Sunday please.
Richard Bodley Scott

mkjhartmann
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mkjhartmann »

Getting an ASP error, instead of being able to register.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mkjhartmann wrote:Getting an ASP error, instead of being able to register.
We are looking into that.
Richard Bodley Scott

NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Daniele wrote:
A special request goes to the players who are currently playing in other FOG2 tournaments: if you are already playing one or two tournaments please consider leaving space to new players initially, and join at a later stage. There will be other tournaments in the future and we assure you no one will be left out.
Sadly you are right. So good luck to everyone who will join :)
For Byzantium!!
Duggers
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Duggers »

Get an ASP error when I try to join
Henniak
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Henniak »

ASP ERROR :(
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Same error but would like to sign up when fixed.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Also interested in joining once the tournament page is fixed. Note that the tournaments page appears to be broken in general, not just for this tournament.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

batesmotel wrote:Also interested in joining once the tournament page is fixed. Note that the tournaments page appears to be broken in general, not just for this tournament.

Chris
Aye, it happened just after the people who would mend it (in Milan) packed up work for the day.
Richard Bodley Scott

hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

How can it be that I still get the ASP error on my stationary PC but not on my laptop?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

hidde wrote:How can it be that I still get the ASP error on my stationary PC but not on my laptop?
It seems to depend on whether you are logged in or not. The error seems to only occur if you are logged in.
Richard Bodley Scott

hidde

Re: Beyond the Fringe Tournament - LOGIN ISSUE

Post by hidde »

I'm logged in on both.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

hidde wrote:I'm logged in on both.
Hmm. Well they are working to identify and cure the problem.
Richard Bodley Scott

Duggers

Post by Duggers »

Seems to be fixed now
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Beyond the Fringe Tournament - ISSUE FIXED

Post by Daniele »

Hi all, the issue has been fixed. You can join now!
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Is it ok to join the third tournament now, if we are already in the first tournament? I know you wanted to give new folks a chance to join up, but it is only half full as of Saturday at 10am PDT.

Just curious. Thanks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

FroBodine wrote:Is it ok to join the third tournament now, if we are already in the first tournament? I know you wanted to give new folks a chance to join up, but it is only half full as of Saturday at 10am PDT.

Just curious. Thanks!
Give it till Sunday please. I know that will give Antipodeans a head start, but some of them at least got left out previously.
Richard Bodley Scott

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

As its Sunday...I have taken it we are okay to jump in now :-)

Return to “Field of Glory II”