Bigger Quick Battles?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Bigger Quick Battles?

Post by 76mm »

I've played quite a few quick battles now and they are too small for my taste. Is there any way to set the size of quick battles?

Also, it seems like way too much artillery appears in quick battles, I think it would be better to exclude it from the force mix except for hand-crafted scenarios...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Bigger Quick Battles?

Post by rbodleyscott »

76mm wrote:I've played quite a few quick battles now and they are too small for my taste. Is there any way to set the size of quick battles?
Set the same matchup in Custom Battles. The whole point of Quick Battles is that there are no options to set.
Also, it seems like way too much artillery appears in quick battles, I think it would be better to exclude it from the force mix except for hand-crafted scenarios...
It is on the wishlist.
Richard Bodley Scott

76mm

Post by 76mm »

rbodleyscott wrote: Set the same matchup in Custom Battles. The whole point of Quick Battles is that there are no options to set.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but it's not, well, as quick. I thought there might have been a setting in one of the txt files somewhere...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

76mm wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote: Set the same matchup in Custom Battles. The whole point of Quick Battles is that there are no options to set.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but it's not, well, as quick. I thought there might have been a setting in one of the txt files somewhere...
There is, in /Campaigns/0Hypothetical/Hypothetical.txt - the SIZE parameter for each matchup.

But don't mod the file in your main build.

Copy the whole folder to /Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2 and mod it there.

When you click on Quick Battles the modded version will be the second one in the list.
Richard Bodley Scott

budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

Thanks for the info. I made 4 folders and changed the battle sizes in the text file in each folder to 2-5, size 5 doesn't show any units on the map. is size 4 the limit? The rest seemed to work just fine. i thought the number might relate to battle size i.e very small=1, small=2, medium=3, large= 4 and very large =5.
peter01
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by peter01 »

rbodleyscott wrote:
76mm wrote:
There is, in /Campaigns/0Hypothetical/Hypothetical.txt - the SIZE parameter for each matchup.

But don't mod the file in your main build.

Copy the whole folder to /Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2 and mod it there.

When you click on Quick Battles the modded version will be the second one in the list.

Thanks, additional folder works nicely - I prefer bigger battles too.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, I'm feeling kind of dense...I copied the 0Hypothetical folder to the indicated spot, changed all of the Size 1 references to Size 4, and...nothing. I don't see any "second one in the list" and the quickbattles are still the same size. In what list am I supposed to see a second version?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

budd wrote:Thanks for the info. I made 4 folders and changed the battle sizes in the text file in each folder to 2-5, size 5 doesn't show any units on the map. is size 4 the limit?
Yes
The rest seemed to work just fine. i thought the number might relate to battle size i.e very small=1, small=2, medium=3, large= 4 and very large =5.
It does, except that it is 0-4 not 1-5.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

76mm wrote:OK, I'm feeling kind of dense...I copied the 0Hypothetical folder to the indicated spot, changed all of the Size 1 references to Size 4, and...nothing. I don't see any "second one in the list" and the quickbattles are still the same size. In what list am I supposed to see a second version?
My apologies, my instructions were misleading.

The correct location for the folder is in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS
Richard Bodley Scott

76mm

Post by 76mm »

Excellent, thanks, that did the trick.

I actually prefer custom battles but always tend to choose the same old armies and deployments when I do that, so I use the Quick Battles to keep things fresh.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

76mm wrote:Excellent, thanks, that did the trick.

I actually prefer custom battles but always tend to choose the same old armies and deployments when I do that, so I use the Quick Battles to keep things fresh.
Good idea.
Richard Bodley Scott

budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

rbodleyscott wrote:
budd wrote:Thanks for the info. I made 4 folders and changed the battle sizes in the text file in each folder to 2-5, size 5 doesn't show any units on the map. is size 4 the limit?
Yes
The rest seemed to work just fine. i thought the number might relate to battle size i.e very small=1, small=2, medium=3, large= 4 and very large =5.
It does, except that it is 0-4 not 1-5.
Roger that, thank you.

Return to “Field of Glory II”