Would you be a more active player with a LIVE MP mode ?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.

Would you be a more active player with a LIVE MP mode ?

Yes
36%
No
55%
I don't know
9%

Total votes: 66

MG42
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Would you be a more active player with a LIVE MP mode ?

Post by MG42 »

Yes! live mode + ranks/stats
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

as rob himself said, dlc team is doing dlcs and other people are doing other things. besides, i'd much more want a new feature or two, mp live mode,replay mode
than faction dlcs (especially if they ll use already existing units in the game )

thousand armies are not worth the new features
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

At least the poll is showing there is a market for tcp/ip players out there. This site being a more PBEMish crowd I can see why the poll leans more towards them. Ask it on a more neutral site and it will probably lean the other way as much.
JC_von_Preussen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JC_von_Preussen »

After a few swings in Tournament PBEM that turned out to be really disastrous AND *B * O * R * I * N * G* for me. I have taken the decisions :

1) To participate up to the end of the Tournament (I would expect the same of my opponents)
2) No to subscribe in further Tournaments.

Pbem is a good thing for most people here, alright. Definitely not my cup of tea.

I bought the game WITHOUT the idea to play in multiplayer, so that's fine, that's not a feature I'll miss.

Cheers all,

JC
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

I'd like both. I've not yet MP'd with FoG II but based on FoG I and P&S, I might have an hour to do a bunch of PBEM turns every few days or be able to dedicate an evening to some games. Equally, I would really like to be able to play live with squad mates from other games while chatting on TS. It doesn't have to be one thing or the other?
Keyth

ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
JaM2013
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by JaM2013 »

nope. I dont like MP games, as usually i tend to meet people there who are not playing to have fun, but to exploit the game in whatever way possible just to ruin it for me.
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

JaM2013 wrote:nope. I dont like MP games, as usually i tend to meet people there who are not playing to have fun, but to exploit the game in whatever way possible just to ruin it for me.
Of course; it's you. They are just there to have fun too. :lol:
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

JaM2013 wrote:nope. I dont like MP games, as usually i tend to meet people there who are not playing to have fun, but to exploit the game in whatever way possible just to ruin it for me.

play vs me, we ll have alot of fun
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

there are so many people i talked on steam who do not want to play it because it only has pbem++ system , or in other words there is no live mp
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

Take this poll to steam now and see what the results will be. This site is rather biased I would think.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

bump for those who would want to vote but missed it
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

Looks like there is a sufficient amount that wans Tcp/Ip play style so make is so please. :P
msaunders865
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by msaunders865 »

No. The PBEM system is pure genius. I can play as much as I want, WHEN I want. If I want an intense session, it is no trouble to arrange it with my opponent using PBEM.
Najanaja
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Najanaja »

[quote="olin0111"]I voted no. The current PBEM system is good enough for me, and by that I actually mean it's very good :) It allows for a leisure-paced gameplay while at the same time it does not prevent an almost live MP matches. By that I mean the players can communicate via forum or whathaveyou and agree beforehand that they will play a battle in one sitting. The upload of turns to the server is very fast so this is definately doable. I just think that the energy used on creating the live MP framework, UI etc. can be better spent elsewhere.[/quote]

Agree!
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

IF

devs would implement "Stay in battle after playing your turn" i 'd be ok without a tcp ip even tho its still not the same thing

ask new players and whole steam playerbase who would consider buying the game, 90% would say they absolutely need Real time , pbem++ is simply one specific way to play the game, its not default or standard of any sort
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

I can't see the case for this - the pbem system is great and two players who are willing can play it as fast as they like. Much better for the developers to spend their time on other priorities.
Megadyptes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Megadyptes »

I'm not really an MP kinda guy and bought this game mostly for single player but I'm playing a few pbem games and having fun (even if I'm terrible :lol: ) I like the pbem++ system as it's a lot more relaxed and laid back. I probably wouldn't bother with a 'live' mp mode but if other people want it I ain't gonna complain.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

Ironclad wrote:I can't see the case for this - the pbem system is great and two players who are willing can play it as fast as they like. Much better for the developers to spend their time on other priorities.

i'd agree with that if those priorities are new and reworked mechanics, not just dlcs
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

lapdog666 wrote:IF

devs would implement "Stay in battle after playing your turn" i 'd be ok without a tcp ip even tho its still not the same thing

ask new players and whole steam playerbase who would consider buying the game, 90% would say they absolutely need Real time , pbem++ is simply one specific way to play the game, its not default or standard of any sort
I agree with this as Steam is the future many of the players here are old (and I do mean old) grogs who don't like change. Change is the way of the future as well. So, listen more to your steam users they are where the real $$ will flow in from.

Return to “Field of Glory II”