Field of Glory II Army Lists in Alphabetical Order

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
JaM2013
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Field of Glory II Army Lists in Alphabetical Order

Post by JaM2013 »

Great! thanks.
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi Richard
Pushing my luck hear I know but will the 480BC to 281BC expansion pack be the first one to come out? Personally I hope so.
Secret.
Here's another vote for the earlier armies to come out first.
My hope is for swifter than eagles.
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adraeth »

My wish is to have all the army list with an average of 2 new "books" every year (so a sort of 6 months per book) .... i dream of oath of fealty to roll the normans and the communal italians, but i would love to have a future "complete set" for field of glory. I have so little space and so little time ... so , for me, FOG2 will be just the old gold times of DBM back again :D
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Even when have earlier army books i prefer the first army pack cover Decline and fall-Eternal empire or Storm of arrows-Swords and scimitars to add variety and introduce new unit types.

I dont dislike see covered legions triumphant+inmortal fire but feel now more bizantine :mrgreen:

The point for me is how they are going to release new armies... book by book or as i say in combos.

I imagine that now is harder release the armies because units need be modeled and are things like mixed units that i am curious about how they are going to introduce them (med foot + bow or heavy foot+bow).

Is possible know what books are covered in base game and what are new armies not released in original FOG???

Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Scutarii wrote:Is possible know what books are covered in base game and what are new armies not released in original FOG???
I don't have the list from FOG1 to compare, but the FOG2 base game includes many lists that were not in the original Rise of Rome tabletop army list book, and so I assume they were also not in the original FOG1 Rise of Rome module. (These are lists from the Immortal Fire and Lost Scrolls books that overlap the 280BC-25BC time span covered by the base game. IIRC the Lost Scrolls early Italian lists were never covered by FOG1).
Richard Bodley Scott

Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

Considering the army list and considering i would like to fight a sandbox campaign for the "cantabrian wars 29 BC) which rome's enemy would you suggest to pick? The last gallic army list? Thanks in advance
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Thanks for the reply.

Talking about what army adapt better to cantabrian wars... edit is only limited to units atributes or you can create custom army lists??? i refer create an army list from 0 using the material in game (unit images, weapons...) to have your own custom list that you can add to game to use it... i remember try this in FOG but was not possible because game cant load the edited army list.

If is possible this could be fun to have mixed armies (Rome+Cartago for example) or even an all in one list to have the ability pick what you want without need do it using scen editor.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Adraeth wrote:Considering the army list and considering i would like to fight a sandbox campaign for the "cantabrian wars 29 BC) which rome's enemy would you suggest to pick? The last gallic army list? Thanks in advance
In the absence of a specific Celtiberian list, I suppose so. Of course if you wanted you could make a custom campaign with its own army lists, and the possibility of Iberian allies.
Richard Bodley Scott

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Is possible have an army list that offer ALL the units avaliable in the other army lists??? you know, join in one single army list all units avaliable in the other armies... with this you can leave in players hands create custom campaigns using this "all in one" army list and players say what units you can buy and what no.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Scutarii wrote:Is possible have an army list that offer ALL the units avaliable in the other army lists??? you know, join in one single army list all units avaliable in the other armies... with this you can leave in players hands create custom campaigns using this "all in one" army list and players say what units you can buy and what no.
There are technical reasons why it would not work.
Richard Bodley Scott

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

I see... is something bad we cant have a "all in one" army... but if we can create custom armies and use them for me is not problem, all that means skip use editor is good if you want do something but army lists dont provide you what you need-want.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Scutarii wrote:I see... is something bad we cant have a "all in one" army... but if we can create custom armies and use them for me is not problem, all that means skip use editor is good if you want do something but army lists dont provide you what you need-want.
Agreed, making custom army lists is much quicker than setting up a scenario in the editor.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”