Army Pairings

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
flatsix518
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Army Pairings

Post by flatsix518 »

Will open-ended army pairings be allowed in FoG II? (As in table-top FoG and FoG digital.)

I think this is desirable and makes tournament organization easier. One of the challenges to organizing Pike and Shot tournaments was that it limits free pairings of armies. That forced "two-game matches" for tournament play.

For those who only want to play historical pairings -- that should be supported. But some of us (and that includes me) enjoy the concept of "pick your army and conquer the world" and also just curious how Samurai would do versus Rome. I love getting proficient with a particular army and fighting all comers.

Just as an aside I enjoy strictly historical play as well. But I do find the crazy match-ups in ancients table top play to be fun.

John
aka flatsix518
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Army Pairings

Post by rbodleyscott »

FOG2 defaults to filtering army matchups by date and geography, but these filters can be turned off. The date filter can also be turned off in Pike and Shot.

However challenges are set up by the challenger and include the identity of both armies, unless pot luck army list selection is chosen.
Richard Bodley Scott

flatsix518

Post by flatsix518 »

That could still work for tournament play with players announcing their armies before the match. The challenger just sets it up to pair with his opponent's chosen army...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

flatsix518 wrote:That could still work for tournament play with players announcing their armies before the match. The challenger just sets it up to pair with his opponent's chosen army...
Yep
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”