15mm samurai

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Pete77
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

15mm samurai

Post by Pete77 »

Hi, am a new member and not sure if i'm posting in the correct place. after many years away from wargaming, i recently decided to start collecting an army again, and decided on 15mm samurai for mass battles. i have the 'field of glory' rulebook, and also purchased the 'empires of the dragon' supplement. however i can't seem to find any army lists/rules that deal with the kawanakajima/sengoku jidai period. can anybody help me with this?
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: 15mm samurai

Post by philqw78 »

I think the end of Muromachi, buit I'm no expert.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
Pete77

Post by Pete77 »

had thought that myself, but there are no listings in the book for ashigaru(unless i substitute 'followers' for ashigaru) and teppo/arquebus...:/ i always seem to choose the things that need the most thought/work...lol

found a 'clash of empires' army list for this period, but don't have that rule set..... :roll:
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Your period is right at the very end of this rule set, where are you in the world?
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
Pete77

Post by Pete77 »

the empire of the dragon supplement has 'late Heian/Muromachi' as its last army list for the japanese....but there are no lists there that include ashigaru/arquebus. unless i am misssing something lol. the last wargame i played was a long time ago and that was games workshop EPIC 40k.

am in England.
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

These rules and at1500. Your period starts about then. I reckon you would be better using FoG Renaissance rules. They are at probably as popular as the ancient ones and you should be able to pick a copy ip at most shows.
Where in England?
phil
Pete77

Post by Pete77 »

i was initially gonna buy the renaissance rules but the empire of the dragons caught my eye instead.

am in hastings in east sussex
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Nowhere near my haunts. Send me a pm with your address and I'll send you my set as I never use it
phil
grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by grahambriggs »

Yes the kawanakajima will be 16th century, so FOG Renaissance (which has a separate forum here). The earlier Onin war would fit in the ancients set but once arquebus come in it's FOGR. It's a popular and effective army in FOGR and has the splendid Hatamoto guards.
Pete77

Post by Pete77 »

yeah, i have that sorted now thanks to philqw78. it was definitely the renaissance rules i needed. thanks to you both for replying and helping out:)
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight »

I've got a lot of experience with FoG:R Japanese. If you need any help with rules etc - let me know.

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”