Lysimachmids and some dead Seleukids...

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Lysimachmids and some dead Seleukids...

Post by timmy1 »

Following on from stories of Dave's Dodgy Dice at Britcon, I thought a little report of a recent game was in order. My opponent is an experienced wargamer and long time player of Lysimachmids. However it was only his second ever game of FoG. (We have been part of a doubles pair before so I know how good his dice rolling can be, even when using my dice...!) I was using Later Seleucids for the first time ever (indeed my first ever FoG game using Diadochi).

The material terrain was all in the Lysimachmid left flank sector and full of Thracians. I loaded my left with mounted, heavy foot in the middle and masked the Thracians with one BG of Agema. I worked at delaying the Lysimachmid steamroller in the centre while I won (hopefully) with the mounted while avoiding the Elephants.

I drove off the Lysimachmid skirmishers but had not taken a single base. One of my cataphract BGs had been disrupted by some scummy slingers, despite the general with them! (three 5s does enough hits...).

I opened the serious action with a general leading the Companions towards the Thessalanians, who obliged by charging me. 4 dice vs 4, with me Elite Lancers and a General, I was confident - Impact and a melee or two later and I had lost 2 bases. On the other flank the Thracians came out to play so I charged a 6 base MF Light Spear armed BG in the open with the Agema. Even re-rolling 1s and 2s did not save me - down a base and disrupted! Melee was 6 dice vs 2 and another base. Break off was no fun as there were more Thracians on my flank!

The Lysimachmid steamroller of Romphia armed Thracians, Elite Phalanx, and Phalanx hit my centre. The Thoratkitai took a base off the Thracians but the Argyraspides lost a base and disrupted, while despite catching the Lysimachmid pikemen in column and having a IC, I lost that combat and a base. I then lost all three melees and there was more disruption than you get on the trains when it snows! No matter if I was PoA up, rolled more dice, had more rerolls, or better armour, I could not win. Where had been my right flank and centre there was a large dead body strewn hole. I had not fought a single impact PoA down but did not cause a single disruption in these combats. Winning was not on the menu...
quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Lysimachmids and some dead Seleukids...

Post by quackstheking »

Keep the mini's but buy new dice (or steal your opponents!)

Don
timmy1

Post by timmy1 »

Don

Thanks for the advice. Might just do that before the Milton Keynes round of the Southern League...
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight »

timmy1 wrote:Don

Thanks for the advice. Might just do that before the Milton Keynes round of the Southern League...
You should buy dice that have fancy logos on them *wink*

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”