Badcon Games 3&4

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Badcon Games 3&4

Post by list_lurker »

AARs now on my blog.

thanks for looking
Simon
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Badcon Games 3&4

Post by philqw78 »

The Spanish fragged and then broken in their own turn. The victorious Gauls rampaged onwards. Unluckily the Spaniards burst through some Numidian skirmishers. Who then with nowhere to run got caught by the charging Gauls. It was soon 2 BGs down.
Why couldn't the skirmishers evade?
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
Robert241167
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Robert241167 »

That may be down to Spike and I.

We thought the rule about evading BG’s not being able to evade through BG’s who’d already evaded through them meant they stopped at the back of the BG that had evaded through them.

RBS in the last game played it as the second evader would still go through the first evader but the first evader would drop a cohesion level.

Sorry if we robbed you Simon.

This would be good for clarification for the future.

Rob
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Robert241167 wrote:We thought the rule about evading BG’s not being able to evade through BG’s who’d already evaded through them meant
Because that isn't what it says. The rule is about interpenetrating someone who has just interpenetrated you.

In this case the skirmishers were 'burst through' by the routers, so could therefore interpenetrate them.

Still bad for the skirmishers as the routers will likely burst through them again in the JAP.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
mbsparta
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by mbsparta »

Can you have that many Gaestati?

Mike B
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

Can you have commanders on round bases (even though they look much better than square!)? I remember Nuck slapping my wrist for commending round bases some time ago. :lol:
timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

As it disadvantages the player on round bases as they can never be in edge to edge / corner to corner contact I see it as being to Simon's disadvantage...
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

mbsparta wrote:Can you have that many Gaestati?

Mike B
Yes, you can have 24 bases.

But it does raise another question. I think the Gallic list can have only two allied commanders. To get a third you would have to exchange the hill tribes for Spanish. Very similiar, and for the same point total you exchange the BG of superior Cav for average LH, and the 4 base javelin BG for 8 bases of Caetrati. The MF remains the same.

To be honest I am not sure if these changes are quite legal. I don't have the book in front of me and I am not sure how many basic Gallic warriors are required.
Last edited by Delbruck on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by list_lurker »

ah yes... a quick look at the list at scribd and you are right... allied commander 0-2

i thought the Gaesati had its own subsection but it doesn't!

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”