Spoilers - Silas Nash and BSG-75 in Sin and Sacrifice?

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Spoilers - Silas Nash and BSG-75 in Sin and Sacrifice?

Post by Commander Scott »

I have something of a daft question regarding Silas Nash and BSG-75. In my base campaign, I built a fleet of Galactica, an Artemis, two Atlas carriers, a Janus cruiser and a Celestra for support. Since this fleet added up to 6750 points, when the opportunity arose to promote him, I opted to use rank 10 on the armory subsystem so I would have the 9th posture point available for the run at Avalon. This was prior to learning of the new DLC however, a fact that has made me feel like something of a wally since the additional 1000 fleet points will no doubt be very useful for Sin and Sacrifice. lol

Now, I noted from a twitch user who used his last save, that both Nash and BSG-75 are absent at the beginning of the new campaign. This leaves me with the question as to whether Nash will still be a rear admiral when he and Galactica are returned to us if I use my post Marathon save, or if he and BSG-75 are reset to the default state they were in immediately after being unlocked in the base campaign?
So Say We All!
BossDos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Spoilers - Silas Nash and BSG-75 in Sin and Sacrifice?

Post by BossDos »

You'll get him again, after the second Mission.
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Commander Scott »

Thanks mate, I figured he and Galactica would be back before the campaign was over, but it’s nice to know they’ll be back for pretty much the entire thing.
So Say We All!
JBerg2021
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JBerg2021 »

Does it actually make sense for Silas Nash to be the Galactica's commander at this point? It seems like the story actually has Samantha Agathon as the Commander of the Galactica, considering she always seems to be in command of the vessel.
BossDos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by BossDos »

JBerg2021 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:47 am Does it actually make sense for Silas Nash to be the Galactica's commander at this point? It seems like the story actually has Samantha Agathon as the Commander of the Galactica, considering she always seems to be in command of the vessel.
Different roles, Samantha Agathon is Praetor of the Caprican Legionnaire. While she seems effectively having a higher rank than the traditional commander, perhaps being somewhat like a rear admiral, because she was really ballsy with Cain and stated that she could remove her from command.
It is most likely that she is somewhat of a flag officer of the Caprican Defence Forces or the Commanding Officer of the Marine Complement.
Traditionally no flag officer commands a vessel directly, there is always a CO on the Ship, with the Admiral commanding the fleet.
In older naval ships it is easily seen, that there are two bridges, a normal bridge from where the CO leads the Ship into combat, and a admirals bridge, from where the admiral commands the fleet into an engagement.
Also, it is a matter of redundancy, if something hits the bridge then the ship can be commanded from the admiral's bridge.

So I think Samantha is the Flag Officer of the Galactica without Admiral Sarkis, and Nash is the Commanding Officer.
Victor_shaw
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Victor_shaw »

You also have to consider that most of the flag officers died in the first attacks making Kane Admiral of the fleet.
Acting as what I assume is Admiral Kane's aide-de-camp/tactical officer and probably the only surviving high ranking commander in the Colonial Marines Samantha Agathon would have a great deal of power within Colonial Fleet.
This would give the illusion that she had more power then she truly does, as she would be relaying orders from the commanding Admiral.
Add to this that the ranking system in Deadlock is there more for game balance then to effectively portray rank (it was Commander Silas Nash not Rear admiral) and you get the illusion that a commander is giving orders to Rear admiral of the Battlestar Groups.
JBerg2021

Post by JBerg2021 »

I suppose the main point is actually that Samantha Agathon is more of a flag officer - in the game, each officer commands a "fleet" or "task force", not just a ship. If anything, that makes the case even more solid for Samantha Agathon to be in the game with the Galactica than for Silas Nash to perform the Flag Officer role when Galactica shows up.

Or, as you point out, for Admiral Sarkis to come into play. Though in that case, I get it, it's more of a Whole of Fleet command than individual task force flag officer.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”