Could my GeForce GTX 650 run this..?

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Could my GeForce GTX 650 run this..?

Post by jack54 »

Hi again,

I've been looking at BSG Deadlock for a while but have concerns about the minimum requirements.

I checked a few web sites and it seems the minimum (1 gb GeForce 460) slightly out performs my (1 gb) GeForce GTX 650. :cry: Seems close though!

(One site says it will work on low settings but another site just X'ed it out.)

My other stats are good enough
AMD Fx-6300 3.5 ghz processor
16 gb ram
Windows 8.1

Thanks for any help...
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Could my GeForce GTX 650 run this..?

Post by GHawkins »

I'll admit, I am not a 100% sure of all the differences between different graphics cards and such.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/comp ... 1vs6vs2155

I have however used the following website to compare the Geforce 460 and Radeon HD 5770, which are the minimum required to run BSGD.

As you can see, although your GPU appears to exceed the performance of the Radeon, it is severely outclassed (comparably) by the GeForce 460.

Although it should in theory work, I'd say if at all possible, it might be time for a slight upgrade.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thank you very much Ghawkins... :-) I was afraid of that, no upgrade in the foreseeable future so it's back to less intense graphic games.
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by GHawkins »

If you purchase the game through steam, you could try it. As long as you stay under the 2 hour mark or within 14 days of your purchase, you can refund it if the game is unplayable because of your graphics card.

That way you can give it a go. If it doesn't work, you'll get your money back and you can continue to save up for a GPU upgrade. If it does work, you'll have an awesome game to play.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
tlroff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tlroff »

Yes it most definitely can.

I can run the game on low settings on a Lenova/IBM t510 Thinkpad which is a i5 mobile with intel HD video (8 Gb system ram, shared with video.)
if that clunker can run it, you can, and I'll even bet you won't have to run minimum graphics settings!

Enjoy the game, it's mighty doggone good..
jack54

Post by jack54 »

tlroff wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 am Yes it most definitely can.

I can run the game on low settings on a Lenova/IBM t510 Thinkpad which is a i5 mobile with intel HD video (8 Gb system ram, shared with video.)
if that clunker can run it, you can, and I'll even bet you won't have to run minimum graphics settings!

Enjoy the game, it's mighty doggone good..
Thank you :D I may give it a try while on sale...
jack54

Re:Resolved: Could my GeForce GTX 650 run this..?

Post by jack54 »

I purchased and installed it today; seems to be running ok. I have the graphics set on low and it still looks great. Did the first campaign mission and a skirmish.... so far so good.
Thanks for the help!
tlroff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tlroff »

Glad I was able to help... One of the lovely things about the Unity game engine is unless the devs purposely disable lower graphic settings, you get lower graphics setting!
And that means they have to make stuff for those lower graphics settings.. The dev types have mixed feeling about that particular chore because it can be REAL finicky.
Fortunately for we poorer gamers (the ones that can afford the game but not the new computer to run it on!) Most of em never realize they have the option.. I love completionist personalities!

*grin*

Anyway pretty sure at this point you've all ready had at least one fight where the toasters served you up with a side of bacon, and your likely enjoying the dickens out of the game and it's story line. You'll be doing the DLC stuff soon, don't be in to much of a rush how ever as it is significantly more difficult then the main campaign.

This is one of the better games of last year by any publisher of any stripe. And it doesn't require that someone be some sort of super gamer to play it and do well. Very nuts and bolts, pick and shovel game play. And being turn based you can take time to think about that next move.. maybe even torture yourself over it. Not many games let you do that.

Thumbs up to ya and mind the toaster on yer 6

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”