Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #8 "Not Done Yet"

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #8 "Not Done Yet"

Post by AlbertoC »

“You shouldn’t be going out there!”
“Who else will?” Sam turned on her sister. She needed to re-cage this anger, and made a conscious effort to unclench her bloodied fist. “Tell me who else can go out and do what I do.”
Helena didn’t meet her sister’s glare. “Who else will go back to Tauron and look after Zach?”
“That’s low, Helena.”
“Whatever it takes to stop you from running this frakking suicide mission. No one else believes the Cylons can even go out that far.”
“Do you trust your own data?” Helena looked up with an expression as if she’d been slapped. “You can’t put this on me.”
Sam slammed her hands once again on the table. “Look me in the eye and tell me you got it wrong. Do the Cylons have a staging ground out there? Do you trust your data?”
“Yes.” Helena replied quietly. That was all the evidence the Praetor needed. Sam turned and left, smashed glass crunching underfoot. Words wouldn’t do either of them any good now.

Welcome!

It’s been a while since the launch of The Broken Alliance and the Endurance update, and we wanted to stay a huge thanks to everyone who has bought and played the game recently. Seeing an influx of new players is very motivating to us as developers, and we are really excited to be able to continue to working on improvements and new features for the game.
After each update, we always look at the feedback and requests, and use that information to inform what changes and improvements to work on next. We are already hard at work on a new update.
The theme for the next update is increasing replayability. Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is a game of space battles at its core, and we’ll never move away from that as a focal point. We are looking at ways to make the random encounters, resource missions and skirmish modes more varied and interesting. Our aim is to make each battle be have a unique twist, so that no two battles are ever quite the same.

We’ll share more details about how we will do this as we progress through development.

AI

We are also making some improvements to the tactics used by the AI. From talking with players and checking some of the autocam footage that has been posted online, we’ve seen a number of tactics develop. We hope that creating possible counters for the AI will increase the challenge and interest for veteran players. The Cylons will evolve. They have a plan. Until next time, keep your Vipers in the air, and the Cylons out of your kill slot!
SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #8 "Not Done Yet"

Post by SiegeRollout »

Adding in more natural or artificial "hazards" would be nice, and add some variability to each random battle. I'm always excited when a battle takes place in/near asteroids, as it requires you to add more thought to your strategy. You could add nebula gases that interfere with dradis and/or guided missile locks. If you come to the aid of a colony that's been under siege by a Cylon fleet, perhaps have a minefield waiting that gives the Cylons an advantage

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”