A Few Lore Questions

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

A Few Lore Questions

Post by fisher2000 »

Hello so I have just completed my run through on steam and I have now started my second run through on xbox. While I was going through the missions on xbox I paid much more attention to detail in the game and I have some follow up questions I have about a few things I have noticed.

1) The stripes on the ships - This is more of an overall question towards the BSG universe, not just this game. The galactica when we see her has a red stripe on her nose, the same for the series. When we meet some of the rebels in the game they sport a yellowish stripe on there ships (As seen on the launcher for the game and box art) I was curious if this was the colour of each one of the 12 colonies or if the red stripe defined the unity of the colonies since the Battlestar Pegasus is seen with the same red stripe in the show. I started to confuse myself because I would think that during the first war all of the colonies would have signed the articles and thus be made to unify their military which means by the time of the show there is just the colonial military. Can anyone possibly shed some light onto this ?

2) During the starting of the game the intro cut-scene gives a little peek of a back story between the colonies to quote " After Virgon buried there nukes, the twelve colonies promised we would never see war of that scale again. Peace would reign in our lifetime and the lifetime of our children" This makes me curious in what has occurred between the start of this game and the end of the TV show Caprica. In Caprica we saw tanks on Tauron, But this also brings up a question.. did Virgon Nuke a colony ? was populations nuked? or was it more space bound I.E territorial ?

4) Was the Columbia built during the events of this game ? - P.S If this ends up being a dlc I have an awesome idea... Have the Columbia be the most modern version of the Jupiters (you could have the shipbuilder design flaws into the functioning Jupiters. Imagine a battlestar group in the cinematics moving with the fleet then all of a sudden full system shutdown on the Jupiter as it starts to fall behind the rest of the ships... stranded) The Columbia could be more designed towards the razor flashback and the Galactica in the show then we would get the shows style of jupiters as well as the one that is designed for this game. I know that it was designed the way it is because the devs wanted to visually tie it to the 1970's galactica but we literally have that ship and I know it bothers some people in the community. This dlc idea could add new side missions to jump in and relieve the AI fleets with Jupiter in so they can jump back to Scorpia shipyards to undergo retrofitting. There is also an awesome opportunity to add more achievements with awesome quotes from the show such as; "its in the frackkin' ship" - destroy 25 cylon ships with the retrofitted Jupiter class. I think the Columbia has a blue stripe on her.. again is that a reference to the colony of Tauron ?

5) how long did it take for the colonials realise that using networked computer on-board the ships is a bad idea (after endgame) ?

6) Did the colonials still have space stations other than the Daidalos at the time of the fall of the colonies? (love the designs)

7) How old is Lucinda Cain during this game ? I ask on behalf of the age of Helena Cain

8 ) Which one of the Agathon's is supposed to be Karl's mother ?

9) Is the Atlas an Atmospheric rated ship ? In the intro we see at least two in the atmosphere above one of the colonies.

Also thank you for acknowledging the TV series of Caprica in this game. It was an underrated show
Maddogs1989
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: A Few Lore Questions

Post by Maddogs1989 »

You know what I say to people who are crying about the addition of another Arm to the flight pods. Suck it up. Universal obviously approved the design to for the game. Personally I think it's an overall improvement on the design as in military terms there's always 3 redundancies. It's no different then any other study making slight changes in the design of anything because they feel it's an improvement or wanted to show homage or what ever. I for one support slitherines seeing I love it.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

Maddogs1989 wrote:You know what I say to people who are crying about the addition of another Arm to the flight pods. Suck it up. Universal obviously approved the design to for the game. Personally I think it's an overall improvement on the design as in military terms there's always 3 redundancies. It's no different then any other study making slight changes in the design of anything because they feel it's an improvement or wanted to show homage or what ever. I for one support slitherines seeing I love it.
I don't hate it... I accept it but I would like it to be explained a little more in the lore that is all. When the game was first shown in the live stream it did throw up red flags for me but the devs instantly responded and explained it was to pay homage to the 1970's show which I will admit is really neat to do as a developer. It showed me that they are not just paying attention to the RDM series but the TOS series as well. At this moment in time we are just left to speculate when the changes was made and why they was made. Much like how the Galactica in B&C changed from what we have seen of her in the show (I know she was an old warship by that time and changes was bound to happen).
Maddogs1989

Post by Maddogs1989 »

The changes are not made. What you guys have overlooked because you are so fixated on the design from the show is that the Jupiter Class in this game is a redesign of the ship. There is no modifications that would ever be done to a military vessel that would compromise the armor and structural integrity of a ship. Removing those arms will do that. Which is why new classes are made to fix design flaws. But this wouldn't even be a fall as it becomes standard for Battlestars to have 3 arms in proceedi by classes.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

Maddogs1989 wrote:The changes are not made. What you guys have overlooked because you are so fixated on the design from the show is that the Jupiter Class in this game is a redesign of the ship. There is no modifications that would ever be done to a military vessel that would compromise the armor and structural integrity of a ship. Removing those arms will do that. Which is why new classes are made to fix design flaws. But this wouldn't even be a fall as it becomes standard for Battlestars to have 3 arms in proceedi by classes.
This appears to have become an issue about the model of the Jupiter class battlestar which I did not intend this post for this. I created this post for more of an in depth look into the lore of this game. Although I respect what you are saying I do believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the design changes. My question that has somehow lead to this subject was on the battlestar Columbia. Although the arms are brought up a lot I would like to point out that it is not just the arms that I was referring to in the Columbia question. What I wrote there was basically an idea to bridge the two opinions together and kill this overdrawn argument. The turret configuration, armor and engine layout is different from the show's version. It is not an issue that bothers anyone from enjoying the game. Let's leave it as such and focus on other things in the universe. Not to come across as rude but there is another thread on here to voice your opinion on the two/ three arms thing or changes to the ship.
Maddogs1989

Post by Maddogs1989 »

Well the only thing that would essentially be changed as the war progresses would be armament armor config and sensor packages. As the years progress things in this nature would be added and removed

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”