Blood&Chrome Battlestars Galactica and Valkyrie canon - some

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Destraex
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Blood&Chrome Battlestars Galactica and Valkyrie canon - some

Post by Destraex »

Is anybody a fan of battlestar galactica re-imagined to ever have compared the ship designs and their timelines in canon. People who are tend to say that blood and chrome rehashed newer models into an older war to save money. Upgunned them all as well. Galactica was bristling with guns in blood and chrome. A particular point of conention was Valkyrie alongside Galactica, galactica needing to retract it's hangar pods to jump and valkyrie not having to while looking (apparently) more like much newer mercury style design.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161013042 ... i/Valkyrie
https://web.archive.org/web/20161215043 ... battlestar
Found the two wiki pages to compare (although based on what evidence, probably an incidental mention somewhere from a character that really does not care about accuracy) the two battlestars. The ones you have probably been refering to. Both battlestars seem to have been built at the start of the first cylon war. I have to say. Considering Galactica was both designed and built after the outbreak of hostilities AND considering it was launched in the "early days" of the first cylon war. Battlestars must have not taken the years to build I would expect. But mere months. Did the cylon wars last for generations. hundreds of years?Somebody really needs to download and archive that page or get permission to relaunch it.
Considering that the US are still launching older slightly updated warship models as well as stealth and advanced model ships... it's not completely unplausible
When you are on a crash build program you build all the ship models you are tooled up for and wing it

Valkyrie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmgkHqGaeo

Galactica - blood and chrome fitout with extra turrets

Pegasus
Last edited by Destraex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destraex

Re: Blood&Chrome Battlestars Galactica and Valkyrie canon -

Post by Destraex »

All three together in model form.
I don't think these are to scale though as the Pegasus should be much bigger

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=124175
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Very cool battlestar models.
http://jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Don't know where this one came from. The model's dimensions look a bit off.
http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/bsg_d ... ter=ColAll
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

The shere size difference show between these three battlestars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcs0o4o0jps

Destraex

Post by Destraex »

A person on another forums answer to me:

"Galactica was mostly demilitarized by the time the reboot show started as she was getting decommissioned. So it having more weapons during Blood and Chrome is fine. I also recall that having retracting flight pods was more of an idea then a need. also the Valkyrie class is somewhat smaller then a full grade battlestar so that could limit the space for retractable pods/machinery.

IIRC the canon is that the first 12 battlestars were already built for the fleet when the 1st Cylon war broke out.
IIRC part 2, the 1st Cylon war lasted 20 years or so.
"
Shanewallis123
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shanewallis123 »

these are really cool! if only i had the shelf space for a model like that
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Yes. I would love one too. Nowhere to put it here.
If blood and chrome was announced as coming back I would prolly shell out.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

These look awesome. I would be intrested in seeing how big the valkyrie is in comparison to the osiris. And I hope the defender makes it into the game as it does look TOS in origin which means it would fit perfectly into this. I also think the fan that made it had a backstory of the ship being built in the first cylon war.
canonsupport
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by canonsupport »

those ships really look cool, how exactly they made them? and are featured in any movie?
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

After reading this again I noticed some things I missed on my first read through of this forum.
- The image where the Valkyrie looks "off" was actually the inital design in the episode "Hero". The ships design got changed for Razor and The plan. I would love it if the old design was actually the war variant. It looks dated, clunky and and armoured. The sleek Valkyrie could be a new design based on the older one. A cheap alternative to building the Mercery class battlestar, It looks modern, well thought out and I have to say it is probably my favourite design from BSG. There is just something about it's lines that impress me.
- The well armoured Galactica. ahhh well the issue with that is in the Razor flashbacks we see the Jupiter class all armoured up in its wartime variant which contradict what was depicted in Blood & Chrome. This can be easily explained by a retrofit. They happen all the time to warships, Even the Pegasus was to receive such a thing.

The main problem with these points is that there is simply no lore at all behind them which the producers failed to do, it was simply "this looks cool lets add it" type of mentality. An example of this is that it has been proven that the viper racks in B&C don't actually fit in the fight pod. I will however give blood and chrome the benefit of the doubt since the idea was to produce a pre-quel show which could possibly explain the Valkyrie and the buffed up Galactica, but it's hard to forgive them for showing a post war ship design during the first war.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”