InstaBuy!

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
kosmoface
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

InstaBuy!

Post by kosmoface »

Just wanted to say that I am a huge Battlestar Galactica fan and will buy this game definitely. I own Star Hammer and liked it quite much (okay, the writing wasn't very good, but I think this can be worked on).

Thumbs up!
chrisleko
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: InstaBuy!

Post by chrisleko »

This will be an instabuy for me too. If it's like Star Hammer I'll totally buy it no questions asked. I really enjoyed that game.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for your interest - be sure to sign up for the newsletter for more info as it is released!
YaroslavUSSR
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by YaroslavUSSR »

What about modability? Star Hammer was great game but in terms of replayability it was waste of money (only my humble opinion). Will the devs unlock resources for modding? SH was written on Unity so I doubt it is a problem. Only compare Distant Worlds and Star Hammer subforums: the flourishing game with large community and tons of mods and almost dead game.
darksx

Post by darksx »

Please do not make this game like Star Hammer, I really didn't like the game play it was not fun at all and way to much micromanaging of the fleet. I'm really hoping this will be more in line with Sins of the Solar Empires game play. build massive fleets and large scale battles.
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/eye-beholder
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/eye-beholder-ii
Geminom

Post by Geminom »

Same, I'm signing up for the beta and preordering as soon as possible.
pr2thej

Post by pr2thej »

darksx wrote:Please do not make this game like Star Hammer, I really didn't like the game play it was not fun at all and way to much micromanaging of the fleet. I'm really hoping this will be more in line with Sins of the Solar Empires game play. build massive fleets and large scale battles.
A BSG themed SOASE!
That would be amazing.
WolfrickAdar
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WolfrickAdar »

I'm a sucker for all things Battlestar-related -- love the board game, enjoyed the BSG: Dawn of War mod for Freelance, supported Battlestar Galactica Online, even downloaded the Battlestar Squadrons app soon after it came out. So this game would be on my "must see" list even if it were a match-3 freemium app. The fact that it's an RTS is just gravy.

(And, yes -- signed up for the beta, subscribed to the newsletter.)
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

YaroslavUSSR wrote:What about modability? Star Hammer was great game but in terms of replayability it was waste of money (only my humble opinion). Will the devs unlock resources for modding? SH was written on Unity so I doubt it is a problem. Only compare Distant Worlds and Star Hammer subforums: the flourishing game with large community and tons of mods and almost dead game.
Slitherine needs to learn their lesson on implementing moddability into their games. There's a huge drop off in interest for a game when you dont allow mods, and dont allow the player to customize the game to their liking. Sanctus Reach had a similar problem as they forced their ideology on random skirmish was best down our throats instead of listening to us and implementing full skirmish customization and the game suffered a huge drop off in interest after the initial shine of the game wore off.

Games of this nature that do not allow you to mod them die quick deaths. The player free mods are what keep the game alive well after the game has been released. The modding community is a publishers greatest ally in keeping a game relevant long after its been released.
Hammerbrow

Post by Hammerbrow »

Gotta say I'm very interested, but holding back on expectations due to decades of letdowns when movies/tv shows/books get made into games lol. Find it's better not to expect much and be surprised, than get overexcited and be devastated (SWTOR I'm looking at you as the latest example lmao).
Papadax
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Papadax »

I'm in! Let's do it! Funds are waiting to be sent!
Spartacus1969

Post by Spartacus1969 »

do we know how much the pre-order and final cost will be to buy?
tlroff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tlroff »

Dizzy_slith wrote:
YaroslavUSSR wrote:What about modability? Star Hammer was great game but in terms of replayability it was waste of money (only my humble opinion). Will the devs unlock resources for modding? SH was written on Unity so I doubt it is a problem. Only compare Distant Worlds and Star Hammer subforums: the flourishing game with large community and tons of mods and almost dead game.
Slitherine needs to learn their lesson on implementing moddability into their games. There's a huge drop off in interest for a game when you dont allow mods, and dont allow the player to customize the game to their liking. Sanctus Reach had a similar problem as they forced their ideology on random skirmish was best down our throats instead of listening to us and implementing full skirmish customization and the game suffered a huge drop off in interest after the initial shine of the game wore off.

Games of this nature that do not allow you to mod them die quick deaths. The player free mods are what keep the game alive well after the game has been released. The modding community is a publishers greatest ally in keeping a game relevant long after its been released.

Might want to know that Black Lab studio's down in AU are the studio actually making the game.. Slitherine is the "producer" for the product not the maker of it. Ask the folks at Black lab about modding, though as an aside, it is the unity engine, so if ya wanna mod unity engine stuff there's a free and legal/legit version of unity you can down load and get started on learning the engine, and there for how to mod it.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

pr2thej wrote:
darksx wrote:Please do not make this game like Star Hammer, I really didn't like the game play it was not fun at all and way to much micromanaging of the fleet. I'm really hoping this will be more in line with Sins of the Solar Empires game play. build massive fleets and large scale battles.
A BSG themed SOASE!
That would be amazing.
Search for "Fall of Kobol" mod for sins... your welcome :D

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”