Welcome to the Panzer Corps Mac Beta!

Open beta forum for Mac.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Panzer Corps Mac Beta!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

welcome to the Mac beta test! Same great game now on OSX! :)

To access the beta
* You must own a copy of Panzer Corps on Steam (if you do not have it on steam you can just redeem a steam key with your serial)
* Run Steam on your Mac
* See Panzer Corps in your library (if its not it means you have got the game yet on Steam!)
* Install and run the game

The game is fully featured and while there are a few subtle differences between PC and Mac everything is included. If you spot any problems please do let us know. Please start a new thread for each issue. When reporting an issue please describe the issue in as much detail as you can. The key to fixing a bug is repeating it so we need to be able to make it happen on our systems before we can fix it so most of what we need are expliciting instructions on how to make it happen! For example we need to know
* What is the issue
* When does it happen
* Can you repeat it and if so how
* Tell us your system specs
* Anything else you think might be helpful for us to track down the issue

If you have any questions just ask.

We look forwards to hearing from you!
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Welcome to the Panzer Corps Mac Beta!

Post by proline »

So far this forum has a grand total of six replies, so either the beta works perfectly or not many people are testing it. Someone who already owns it on Steam probably has a PC and would therefore be unable to test it on a Mac unless they have both. Hopefully there are enough testers, if not maybe a different approach is needed.
bigweb52
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by bigweb52 »

where should we leave feedback on the Beta? I love panzer corps and had no idea you guys where porting it. If i could give a suggestion, you guys need to get the word out more. Even on the panzer corps store page i didn't see a announcement that this game is coming to mac. I only found out cause i noticed it on my steam Library (I own the PC version ) and thought it was a mistake . Very excited to see it being put on mac. If i can ask one question on here, is the DLC compatible yet? i was gonna buy all of it (I love me some panzer corps and slitherine ) but ill hold off if its not compatible yet.
Coopland5150
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Coopland5150 »

Hello, just seen this and would love to help. Just for clarification I wanted to ask. If I purchase the PC version, do I automatically get the mac version free?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Coopland5150

Yes, the mac beta is free with your serial number/steam key
There are two ways to play PzC on your Mac without Windows, both require the PC version of PzC.

First you can use the Mac beta, and go though the steps in first the post above. Note Beta Tests are not open ended, they go away in a few months.
Plus beta test is geek speak for “help debug my software”.

I would recommend getting your steam account first. to get that hassle out of the way.
Then Buy the game.
If you don’t buy PzC through Steam, go to the “Redeeming Your Steam Key” topic on this board.
Get your Steam Key and load the Mac beta through Steam.

+++++++

Your second choice is to pretend you are a Linux user and use Wine.
Wine is a freeware program that runs windows programs on Mac or Linux without buying windows.
It is not plug and play. If know what you are doing it is fairly simple, otherwise it can be baffling.
The documentation is at the Linux user level!

Use wine to install PzC on your Mac as you would a windows PC.

If you want to go this way I would recommend downloading Wineskin and Open General, two free programs as a test.
If you can install OG and play it on your mac you should be able to install and play PzC.

Note under screen options with OG use Mac Driver, and with PzC use X11.
Use the wrong driver and the game will hang.

IMHO porting the game through a wine wrapper would be easier and quicker than the software port.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
rwm59
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rwm59 »

Mac is no more a beta is REAL so, wake up dos programmer the future is here. how we can install the mods?
dadamson21
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dadamson21 »

The Mac version is fantastic, but it would be even better to be able to edit the scenarios. Is there a scenario editor available for this or envisioned for the future?

Return to “Panzer Corps Mac Open Beta”