Please dont ignore Rzhev salient

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

JaM2013
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Please dont ignore Rzhev salient

Post by JaM2013 »

Practically every Panzer General style game about WW2, or any WW2 game in general is concentrating on Stalingrad in 1942, and completely ignoring Rzhev salient. Truth is, there was 3x more soldiers deployed in that area on both sides, while fighting was more bloody than in Stalingrad.. yet,that battle is neglected as if it never happened.

Please, for Panzer Corps 2, make it a branching campaign, where player could chose if he wants to fight as Army group South or Army Group Center.. Rzhev battle deserves to be included, and so does Dubno-Brody in 1941 which was actually largest tank battle to this day, with a lot more tanks deployed than at Kursk. I think players dont want to play same battles as before with just some minor alterations, and these two large operations were not covered in Panzer Corps before..
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Please dont ignore Rzhev salient

Post by Retributarr »

JaM2013 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:51 am Practically every Panzer General style game about WW2, or any WW2 game in general is concentrating on Stalingrad in 1942, and completely ignoring Rzhev salient. Truth is, there was 3x more soldiers deployed in that area on both sides, while fighting was more bloody than in Stalingrad.. yet,that battle is neglected as if it never happened.

Please, for Panzer Corps 2, make it a branching campaign, where player could chose if he wants to fight as Army group South or Army Group Center.. Rzhev battle deserves to be included, and so does Dubno-Brody in 1941 which was actually largest tank battle to this day, with a lot more tanks deployed than at Kursk. I think players dont want to play same battles as before with just some minor alterations, and these two large operations were not covered in Panzer Corps before..
EgZacKtaKally On The Mark!: You are absolutely correct!. I hope that it's not too late to make this addition into the Game!. It would really help to add some fire and excitement into the Campaign.
JaM2013

Post by JaM2013 »

Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Elkarlo »

I agree. I'd also like to see a bit of alternative history involved. I don't mean massive changes, but your success or failure should impact the next scenario is some way.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Elkarlo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm I agree. I'd also like to see a bit of alternative history involved. I don't mean massive changes, but your success or failure should impact the next scenario is some way.
I personally experimented with this in the Grand Campaign of the original game, but honestly the game was never designed for that in mind. That's why the campaign tree looks like such a mess near the bottom. This is all of the 'your actions matter and lead to impacting the next scenario'

http://i.imgur.com/zrKoQYX.jpg

Will there be better systems in Panzer Corps 2 to make this process smoother, more streamlined, and less jerry-rigged? If so, I'm on board to revisit this sort of thing.

Only time will tell though. ;)
Elkarlo

Post by Elkarlo »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:37 pm

I personally experimented with this in the Grand Campaign of the original game, but honestly the game was never designed for that in mind. That's why the campaign tree looks like such a mess near the bottom. This is all of the 'your actions matter and lead to impacting the next scenario'

Will there be better systems in Panzer Corps 2 to make this process smoother, more streamlined, and less jerry-rigged? If so, I'm on board to revisit this sort of thing.

Yeah, nothing really matters, I mean it does, but not to the point where it changes anything. I would like to see how you did in the last battle be reflected in the next.

Also would be nice to try and do recuses. Like at Stalingrad, break open a corridor and hold it open, while AI controlled units fell through it.
CaesarCzech

Post by CaesarCzech »

Elkarlo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:47 am

Yeah, nothing really matters, I mean it does, but not to the point where it changes anything. I would like to see how you did in the last battle be reflected in the next.

Also would be nice to try and do recuses. Like at Stalingrad, break open a corridor and hold it open, while AI controlled units fell through it.

Order of Battle DId it well with Research Permanent Impact on EXP level or even stuff like Destroying Battleships at Pearl Harbour having Impact Way down the Line at Midway, i think they need to look at how OOB done it.
Elkarlo

Post by Elkarlo »

That'd be nice.

Would also be interesting to have to coordinate with other allied units. Like at kursk your corps is there and there are other axis army units controlled by the AI. If you can't attack well and don't go anywhere, they do as well as the Germans did historically. But if you break through, the other u it's do much better and your side does much better than historically.
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

Elkarlo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm I agree. I'd also like to see a bit of alternative history involved. I don't mean massive changes, but your success or failure should impact the next scenario is some way.

I see what you mean, perhaps it should be limited to major results? For example, back in the day I was pretty bummed that if you get a decisive in Vyazma and get into Moscow you still get batted back into the historical defeat. That win should have been campaign changing imo.

If future grand campaigns pivoted on these major battles then all the better for it. The minor stuff is nice, I'm just more in favour of the major ones. :)

Of course... the workload to get this done might be a pain. :o
Elkarlo

Post by Elkarlo »

For those that like challenges, have a historical campaign.
I'd like an option though. Think PG2 had a Moscow 43 option if you won at Stalingrad and a middle east option as well
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Elkarlo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:33 am For those that like challenges, have a historical campaign.
I'd like an option though. Think PG2 had a Moscow 43 option if you won at Stalingrad and a middle east option as well
Lately...I've had to 'Fully-Agree' with some of the commentaries/suggestions by forum participants!.

"I Concur",...always...that the 'Historical Campaign' is of the utmost importance to have 'First-Place' in a constructed war simulation game. At the same time...however, you're suggestion for...if..." PG2 had a Moscow 43 option if you won at Stalingrad and a middle east option as well..."
...is something that I would 'very-much' like to see much-more of...to 'flesh-out' these tightly packaged _limited in scope_ games...to have them instead...expand their "parameters/horizons"...to make them existentially. more interesting/absorbing/fascinating & engaging to play!.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

Elkarlo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:33 am For those that like challenges, have a historical campaign.
That was in first Panzer General. PG2 had Klin as closest mission to Moscow.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

I think it's not in the games because there is not much happening there. Sure, many people died, but for a long time the front didn't really move. Interesting would be the retreat.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”