Campaign play

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Belgarath345
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Campaign play

Post by Belgarath345 »

Really looking forward to this game. Just a quick question about the campaign itself if you are allowed to answer this. Will the campaign be more like the original PG where if you did well you could end up winning the war or will it be like the original PC grand campaign that no matter what you did you always ended up in Berlin (in the russian branch)?
For me while the grand campaign was really great, with a lot of really cool gameplay mecanics I have always feelt that it had a certain limited replayability because of the invitably ending up in Berlin or at the channel if you played the other branch.

Anyhow looking forward to the game already have it wishlisted on steam😁
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Campaign play

Post by Rudankort »

Belgarath345 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 am Really looking forward to this game. Just a quick question about the campaign itself if you are allowed to answer this. Will the campaign be more like the original PG where if you did well you could end up winning the war or will it be like the original PC grand campaign that no matter what you did you always ended up in Berlin (in the russian branch)?
For me while the grand campaign was really great, with a lot of really cool gameplay mecanics I have always feelt that it had a certain limited replayability because of the invitably ending up in Berlin or at the channel if you played the other branch.
New campaign is not quite like any of the old ones, but conceptually it is much closer to PzC vanilla and original PG. It will feature both historical and fictional lines, both in Europe and Africa. The number of different campaign paths you can take is larger than in any other campaign we've ever produced, and you can play 2 campaigns from beginning to end without seeing a single repeating scenario. For these reasons we hope that the new campaign will be a major step forward in terms of replayability.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

Rudankort wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 am
Belgarath345 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 am Really looking forward to this game. Just a quick question about the campaign itself if you are allowed to answer this. Will the campaign be more like the original PG where if you did well you could end up winning the war or will it be like the original PC grand campaign that no matter what you did you always ended up in Berlin (in the russian branch)?
New campaign is not quite like any of the old ones, but conceptually it is much closer to PzC vanilla and original PG. It will feature both historical and fictional lines, both in Europe and Africa. The number of different campaign paths you can take is larger than in any other campaign we've ever produced, and you can play 2 campaigns from beginning to end without seeing a single repeating scenario. For these reasons we hope that the new campaign will be a major step forward in terms of replayability.
And how long campaign will be ? In original PG and PzC main campaign was too short, while Grand Campaigns are too long....
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PanzerCro wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:32 pm And how long campaign will be ? In original PG and PzC main campaign was too short, while Grand Campaigns are too long....
One of our goals was that all historical and fictional branches you can take are balanced in terms of length. So no matter if you end up in Berlin or Washington, the number of scenarios you play is roughly the same. Currently, between all the different campaign paths the number of scenarios ranges between 20 and 23.
Belgarath345

Post by Belgarath345 »

Rudankort wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 am
Awesome thank you very much for the swift reply😊 Sounds really great with the african branch and the added campaign length😁
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

I like and liked the Grand Campains and played them seven times till the end. Please add this also to the new game. Also US Corps, I loved to play these fantastic 3 DLCs.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”