GUI resizing

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

GUI resizing

Post by Molve »

I'm hearing sentiments as "numbers are too small".

I hope Slitherine is planning to allow the overall user interface to scale for those of us with less than stellar 20/20 vision.

There are many simulation games that are rendered unplayable simply because every developer is a 20-something that can't even fathom the idea that you can't read 7 pt text on a 4K screen...

Thank you
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: GUI resizing

Post by Rudankort »

The game does scale to any resolution (as was shown here: https://youtu.be/LZAvUYjmSAk?t=1365), so as long as your screen size is big enough, it does not matter what resolution it uses. On 4K it will just be much more crisp.

However, we do plan to allow scaling main UI panels to any size you want. It is more difficult on screens like Shop, because they have a fixed layout, and it is filled pretty densely too.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

And many of us developers are 50+, wear glasses and wouldn't know what 20/20 vision is.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:21 pm And many of us developers are 50+, wear glasses and wouldn't know what 20/20 vision is.
No. Yes. Yes. ;)
bth901
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by bth901 »

Rudankort wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 pm The game does scale to any resolution (as was shown here: https://youtu.be/LZAvUYjmSAk?t=1365), so as long as your screen size is big enough, it does not matter what resolution it uses. On 4K it will just be much more crisp.

However, we do plan to allow scaling main UI panels to any size you want. It is more difficult on screens like Shop, because they have a fixed layout, and it is filled pretty densely too.
This is a very important feature imho. I have a 35" Acer Predator Z35 with 2560x1080 and a game like PC2 simply will look great on it when the GUI scales correctly or the GUI scaling size can be selected manually! A bad example for that is "A Bard's Tale 4" where the numbers from the character stats etc. on the GUI are just to small to read without a magnifying glass. It takes a lot from the motivation to play.

But beside the GUI scaling, I assume PC2 supports 21:9 right?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

bth901 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:12 pm But beside the GUI scaling, I assume PC2 supports 21:9 right?
Yes of course. :)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I wonder if GUI scaling will help my problem with the floating damage numbers.
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=91567

Will the problem just go away if it's bigger/easier to read?
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Thank you for prompt replies. Great to hear.

(Usually when the devs are aware of the issue things end up well. It's the games where you realize nobody at all have even considered the issue that falls flat. For some reason, sci-fi simulator games seems to have an especially bad record here...)
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Kerensky wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 pm I wonder if GUI scaling will help my problem with the floating damage numbers.
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=91567

Will the problem just go away if it's bigger/easier to read?
No work has been done yet on the floating damage numbers so they WILL be improving.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:21 pm And many of us developers are 50+, wear glasses and wouldn't know what 20/20 vision is.
Yes, yes and yes :-)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”