Panzer corps 2 release of console

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Panzer corps 2 release of console

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

Hello, Panzer corps 2 is scheduled to exit on consoles? PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH.
JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer corps 2 release of consol

Post by JagdTiger700 »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:27 pm Hello, Panzer corps 2 is scheduled to exit on consoles? PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH.
That would be good on switch since it would be a portable version one could take on vacation or just use without a monitor.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Panzer corps 2 release of console

Post by PanzerCro »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:27 pm Hello, Panzer corps 2 is scheduled to exit on consoles? PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH.
I don't see why it wouldn't be released on consoles .... Panzer General was released for PS 1, and it worked very well with controller. It is turn based strategy so game is "slower" than RTS and works just fine without mouse :)
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

PanzerCro wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 am
I don't see why it wouldn't be released on consoles .... Panzer General was released for PS 1, and it worked very well with controller. It is turn based strategy so game is "slower" than RTS and works just fine without mouse :)
Civilization VI came out on the Nintendo switch and works great, I'm really looking forward to the release of the Panzer Corps 2 to the Nintendo switch, this is my main platform for games. If the game is a PC exclusive, this is very bad.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

At this point I can only say that as the devs, we are making the game in a cross-platform fashion, and we will port it to whatever platforms we are told. :) Personally, I think that porting the game to consoles is a good idea, but ultimately, this is publisher's decision, and it has not been made yet. Right now we focus all our attention on making this a successful PC release.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Rudankort wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm At this point I can only say that as the devs, we are making the game in a cross-platform fashion, and we will port it to whatever platforms we are told. :) Personally, I think that porting the game to consoles is a good idea, but ultimately, this is publisher's decision, and it has not been made yet. Right now we focus all our attention on making this a successful PC release.
Thank you, the fate of the port on the console now depends on the sales of the PC version. How much will the PC version cost at launch? 10-20 dollars on consoles games are 40-60 dollars is a normal price, even the minimum sales will bring profit compared to steam. Slitherine behind the progress of many try to release the game first exclusive to the console to make money and then release the PC version (Red Dead Redemption 2, Alan Wake, Dark Souls, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Nier: Automata, ZombiU) and this is only a small part of the list.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm Thank you, the fate of the port on the console now depends on the sales of the PC version.
Well, maybe, I understood it in a way that they first want to get the product "right" (as much as possible) and then decide on potential (additional) distribution channels...
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

In general our kind of games can't use the same UI and UX on console as PC. So it's not so much a port as a new version of the game. Add to that easier updating on PC and it makes a lot of sense to launch and hone the game on PC before trying to build the UI for console. As has been said, the engine used is very console friendly.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

pipfromslitherine wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:32 pm In general our kind of games can't use the same UI and UX on console as PC. So it's not so much a port as a new version of the game. Add to that easier updating on PC and it makes a lot of sense to launch and hone the game on PC before trying to build the UI for console. As has been said, the engine used is very console friendly.

Cheers

Pip
Thank you, for me the port of Panzer Corps 2 on the console is very important, this is my only opportunity to play this game or after five years when I buy a new laptop :D . I do not like PC gaming Panzer Corps worked fine after updating Windows began to slow down and the reason for me is a mystery, on the console I bought the game and no problem, everything works like a clock.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Rudankort wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm At this point I can only say that as the devs, we are making the game in a cross-platform fashion, and we will port it to whatever platforms we are told. :) Personally, I think that porting the game to consoles is a good idea, but ultimately, this is publisher's decision, and it has not been made yet. Right now we focus all our attention on making this a successful PC release.
Familiar words:
Capcom's remake of Resident Evil 2 is currently announced for release only for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, and in the near future the developers are not planning to expand this list with any other systems. About this in an interview with journalists GamingBolt told the brand manager of the Japanese publisher Mike Long, when he asked about whether there is a chance to see the updated version of the horror on the Nintendo Switch. However, the representative of Capcom did not categorically reject such an opportunity, saying only that now all the forces of the developers are thrown on the version of the game for the already announced platforms.
The standard excuse, Resident Evil 2 will not be released on the Nintendo Switch, everyone understands this and Panzer Corps 2 will not be released on the console. The topic can be closed.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 am The standard excuse, Resident Evil 2 will not be released on the Nintendo Switch, everyone understands this and Panzer Corps 2 will not be released on the console. The topic can be closed.
If you don't trust what I say, why bother asking? :)
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

pipfromslitherine wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:32 pm In general our kind of games can't use the same UI and UX on console as PC. So it's not so much a port as a new version of the game. Add to that easier updating on PC and it makes a lot of sense to launch and hone the game on PC before trying to build the UI for console. As has been said, the engine used is very console friendly.

Cheers

Pip
The further the more lies, today looked at Wikipedia Panzer Corps 2 uses the Unreal Engine 4!!! what kind of children's excuses "Add to that easier updating on PC" why didn't they immediately begin to make the multiplatform game???
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Rudankort wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 pm
ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 am The standard excuse, Resident Evil 2 will not be released on the Nintendo Switch, everyone understands this and Panzer Corps 2 will not be released on the console. The topic can be closed.
If you don't trust what I say, why bother asking? :)
If you're not sure about the quality of your product (as the long release says), tell the players the truth !!! The theme of world war II many are tired of it this is evidenced by poor sales of Call of Duty: world war II and battlefield V.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Cheers

Pip
The further the more lies, today looked at Wikipedia Panzer Corps 2 uses the Unreal Engine 4!!! what kind of children's excuses "Add to that easier updating on PC" why didn't they immediately begin to make the multiplatform game???
Errr - yes, the engine is very much cross platform. Hence the crux of my post being that UI and UX were the key items that would be different in a console version. Not sure how "using Unreal" == "more lies".

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

pipfromslitherine wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 pm
ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Cheers

Pip
Errr - yes, the engine is very much cross platform. Hence the crux of my post being that UI and UX were the key items that would be different in a console version. Not sure how "using Unreal" == "more lies".

Cheers

Pip
Sorry, I am tired of the port issue, I am very angry about how to release a game in 2019 on one platform, I got the impression that slitherine live in the past, the goal of many developers and publishers now is to sell one game to one person several times!!!
An example I bought "Outlast" when it came out on PS4, now I bought it "Outlast" on Nintendo Switch I want to go back to the portable, I bought the "Resident Evil Revelation" on when it came out on Nintendo 3DS, later I bought the reissue the "Resident Evil Revelation" on Nintendo Wii U I wanted to play the game in HD, and I have many such examples.
How are you going to make money on Panzer Corps 2 is a mystery to me.
I play the first Panzer Corps I like it and I would like to play the second Panzer Corps in 2019 on the platform that I like!
Panzerlehr21-
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Panzerlehr21- »

I would argue that Playstation is the main reason Panzergeneral is considered the greatest of all time. That coupled with the mulitiplayer online play.

The Playstation version brought people to the computer and online versions more than anything it was a HUGE part of why PG exploded.

If you have a great product you would be crazy not to bring it to console, think of it as advertising. The "advertising" PG did with playstaion has lasted decades.

-Panzerlehr21
Teco

Post by Teco »

Hi guys,

any news about porting Panzer Corps 2 to consoles? Thank you.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

You know what I remember?

When I was a little child, my first taste of Panzer General, you know that original game, was on my original PlayStation console. Not PS2 or PS4, just PS. It introduced me to the world of strategy games, that I still luv, and now work on, to this very day.

So I would luv to see Panzer Corps 2 someday come to consoles like PlayStation or Xbox. Just to pass the experience I had when I was little on to the next generation of gamers. :D

But porting is a lot of work, and most often requires outside team effort because it's so big a task. So it can't happen on launch, they have to focus all their efforts and energy and resources to get the game 'right' in its base form. Will it happen someday? Let's hope so, but there's a long and hard road the base game has to take before we can get there. But if and when we get there, I'd want a well made port that isn't a chore to play. Something made with respect, and reverence. And that's very expensive to do right.

But if we get there someday, man would I like to have my nephew play Panzer Corps II on a console. Just like I used to play original Panzer General on Playstation 1. :mrgreen:
ioticus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by ioticus »

I really wish you could release this on console some day. I don’t like to game on PC anymore.
sk1lledk1ll
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by sk1lledk1ll »

Please port to Xbox

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”