A big thank you to PC2 developers

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Kirby
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

A big thank you to PC2 developers

Post by Kirby »

Playing Panzer General, and then years later stumbling upon Panzer General Forever by chance, I could already see that a brilliant mind can achieve a lot when dedicated to a certain goal. In this case, preserving Panzer General for future generations. Thus, I had no doubt when I saw Rudankort's name attached to Panzer Corps that PC will be a great game. And it was. It is.

One could feel from the long silence on these forums that creating PC2 will not be easy, perhaps even impossible.
But, thankfully, these guys took their time and came up with things that... well, I've read all the dev diaries and I'm happy with everything I saw.

I can only subjectively feel how difficult it must've been for Rudankort & the rest of the team to create something different yet similar enough to PG and PC. This is how great games come to life - when developers are the best players of their own games to the level they can recreate them, as was the case with PGF. I can't see any of the "lets wing it and see how it goes, we can always fix things with patches and expansions" shenanigans here that are plaguing major developers *coughfiraxiscough*.

So, yes, a big thank you to the PC2 team for being diligent and thorough and uncompromising. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

Bibor
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: A big thank you to PC2 developers

Post by robman »

Amen!
Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Skylar27 »

I concur with you sir :wink:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Well what can I say? Big "thank you" for your encouraging words, for your support and for your faith. It's very important for me, and I know that it is very important for every person involved in creating this game. Of course, criticism is also important and helps to create a better game, but it's great to know that the course which we have chosen and the decisions which we have made have support in the player community. I understand that you guys did not have a chance to play the game yet. But I think that all the most controversial decisions have been already announced through the dev diaries, so this kind of feedback certainly gives us an additional confidence and motivation to move forward (instead of hesitating and thinking if maybe we should move sideways instead :) ).

So once again, many thanks from the whole Panzer Corps 2 team.

At the same time, naturally I can't help feeling that some of the praise has been given to us a bit in advance. :) The only thing which I can promise is that we will do our best (and more) to make sure that once the game is released it deserves it.
Kirby
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kirby »

Criticism has its place, but I find it to be overused.

My personal opinion is that no design decision in Panzer Corps 1 is so inherently flawed that it would merit criticism.
Sure, some things could've been done differently, but that's what PC2 is for.

A good gaming system will have coherent structure, with clearly defined parameters, parameters that can be changed in a way they don't affect the structural integrity of the system.
None of the changes from the dev diaries seem to indicate that they would be distruptive to the coherent mechanism of original Panzer Corps.

For an intelligent person, it's rather easy to take a look at something and say "well, these guys didn't think this one through, right?". I don't see any of that here.
Regarding the "premature praise", well, sure, it's always possible that you will botch this game so hard that Sim City(TM) will look like kindergarten. But you'd need to work really hard to mess it up. Getting a new lead dev or new CEO would do the trick, of course, it usually does ;)
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

I'm impressed with how well the developers did at improving the original game, Panzer General. Every new feature made the game better while preserving the nature of the original.

I even like the soft cap but as I understand things it will be gone in the sequel. I'm confident the replacement will be good as well however.
Kiane
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kiane »

Whenever criticism gets you down, just remember that they ported the original Panzer General to the Playstation 1, and it's not really possible to do worse than that. :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”