What content would you like to see in PzC 2?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

What content would you like to see in PzC 2?

Post by nikivdd »

That is the million dollar question :twisted: . What content would you like to see in PzC 2? It is never too early to hear your ideas for a campaign, isn't it?
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: What content would you like to see in PzC 2?

Post by edahl1980 »

nikivdd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm That is the million dollar question :twisted: . What content would you like to see in PzC 2? It is never too early to hear your ideas for a campaign, isn't it?
Same as PC1
In addition a supply system.
Encourage use of trains. For troop transport and supplies.
Attachable/unattachable heroes. If a unit with a hero is hit really hard. either ambush or tank vs truck or similar. Hero should be at risk of being wounded/killed.
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

Campaigns/scenarios that aren't "puzzles" with only ONE real path to a solution. I thought PzC 1 was pretty good in that regard-- as was PG1. PG2 wasn't TOO bad, but it started down puzzle road, and IMO all the later games got worse: Smaller maps, lower unit densities, and often only one real path to win. It killed replayability for me. Sooo, for PzC2 please try and keep most battles as flexible as possible. I enjoy experimenting with different tactics, and there's nothing more irritating than realizing a scenario is designed with only possible path to victory.
kyanzes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kyanzes »

Being able to do partial reinforcement. That is, any amount instead of FULL or HOWEVER MUCH LEFT. It's annoying and frustrating. If I want to add 1 reinforcement to three tank units each that are at, say, strength 4, why can't I?
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

nikivdd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm That is the million dollar question :twisted: . What content would you like to see in PzC 2? It is never too early to hear your ideas for a campaign, isn't it?
Obviously Pacific theater from both Japanese and American perspectives. And somehow we need to keep the wealth of existing content. Maybe a bit more speculative content.
Ravihon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ravihon »

I liked the Grand Campaign approach, maybe with more branching out options based on battle outcome as we had it. I also like variety in scenario goals, so not only reach point a) until time x), maybe as secondary mission something using the new game mechanics of encirclement and capturing of enemy equipment.
"Da wo ich bin, ist vorne..."
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

All things North Africa.

Italian theater grand campaign.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

for me i want or would like a good version of Arnhem, as the battle is my fav one
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

I would like to see alternative GCs, especially '42.

Stalingrad was not an objective in Case Blue [the summer 42 offensive].
The oil fields were.
This is left out of GC42.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

If there is ONE thing that would improve replayability immensely, it is a dynamic/varied AI deployment and to a certain extent OOB (although historic OOB at a macro level should be preserved). Why couldn't the enemy do different things each time?
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

I would like to see some consistency in the same approach in legacy PG2 original game. Does not have to be exactly the same as the original, but the campaigns were very well designed.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

Naval combat scenarios, battle for air supremacy, perhaps Battle of Britain could be all air units (plus AA ground units). I really liked the quality of naval combat in PG2.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

DJ88 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:49 am Naval combat scenarios, battle for air supremacy, perhaps Battle of Britain could be all air units (plus AA ground units). I really liked the quality of naval combat in PG2.
People rarely praise PG2 for naval combat (usually Pacific General takes the praise). What exactly did you like about it?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

My main contribution to this idea really kind of depends on what PzC2 will come with, and what is good, or not so good, about it.

A lot of Panzer Corps additional content was built as a direct result of the strengths and shortcomings of the base game.

So it really depends on how PzC 2 systems change the landscape of play. Original game had a big problem with infantry. Maps were on such scales, it was incredibly hard for infantry to function. They walked slow, and had to walk long distances. Meaning they almost always needed to be in transport, and infantry without transport meant you weren't getting decisive victories.

This was a content hole, not only in viability of infantry, especially non-motorized infantry, but in the scale of battles covered. The war, and by extension the game itself, only lasts so long when you conquer one country per scenario/map. This left room for growth a lot of 'urban' designs that really mixed things up. With clusters of city type hexes, infantry do not suffer movement penalties, losing 1/3 or even 1/2 of their total movement points to singular hexes of difficult terrain. And at the same time, preserved their much needed protection and access to the close defense stat, without which they are just fodder for ever other unit type in the game. Doubly so when caught in transport.

So how well do the mechanics fit content is a big question. If air combat mechanics work well, things like Battle of Britain and the American bombing campaign can be a game within the game, a mini game type scenario. Independent naval action is highly dependent on ships mechanics.

Even something like trying to really explore the vast size of Russia comes with mechanical questions. It's really boring to move units long distances without fighting in Panzer Corps. This was true even in Panzer General. I recall that ultra massive Kharkov scenario, the map was so big and so empty and featureless and mostly devoid of enemy units, it was actually disorientating to play because it was confusing to determine where you actually were at times.

So really we'll see. The best PzC content came out as a result not of pre-planning laying down a Grand Campaign worth of DLC before 1.0 even launched, but of being a direct response to what was and wasn't there in 1.0 PzC. EG: Big unit roster, relatively small campaigns.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

I only expect that the game will be created by competent people but not ignorants.
I hope that the creators will be aware that the city of Moscow is located on the Moscow River, and the Volga flows several hundred kilometers east and northeast of Moscow.
(This shameful mistake has never been corrected in the Panzer Corps)
Remember, Stalingrad is on the Volga, not Moscow... :wink:
loganfive
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by loganfive »

I would prefer a Soviet or British Grand Campaign to another German one.
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

More equal representation for all the main factions, not just Germans.
funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

kondi754 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm I only expect that the game will be created by competent people but not ignorants.
I hope that the creators will be aware that the city of Moscow is located on the Moscow River, and the Volga flows several hundred kilometers east and northeast of Moscow.
(This shameful mistake has never been corrected in the Panzer Corps)
Remember, Stalingrad is on the Volga, not Moscow... :wink:
Word! How hard is to look at the damn map!
GDiers

Post by GDiers »

Actual War Heros that existed by name. ie. Michael Wittmann, Otto Carius, Kurt Knispel, Rommel, Dmitriy Lavrinenko, Zhukov, Monty, Patton etc with their personal attributes that made them effective. Copy some "Unity of Command" game play concerning supply lines.
tactical22
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by tactical22 »

A massive scenario for the whole war like the mod for Panzer Corps Battlefield: Europe by McGuba. A master piece!!! Full of surprises and events!!!
Cheers :D
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

I have long wished for specialized but full campaigns that are on a smaller scale in core force (like maxing out at around 20). A perfect example of this would be like a dedicated campaign that centers around the Fallschirmjäger and their engagements, or a particular division or corps (Waffen SS, US Marines, or 9th Australian as just a few examples). These would largely be historical, of course. This is part of what made Afrika Corps interesting, as it wasn't a giant army for much of the Western Desert Campaign. When the size of my core reached a Grand Campaign size, I lost some interest as it became just another mammoth campaign. I wished it featured more scenarios in North Africa.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”