PzC2 Pacific Campaign "Pacific General"

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

bdog39
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

PzC2 Pacific Campaign "Pacific General"

Post by bdog39 »

Hello guys,

Very excited to hear about this new upcoming game and very glad this genre has returned to progress and development again. As I'm sure many of you recall from the older days of the franchise of "Panzer General", there was a game released by the name of "Pacific General." I enjoyed Pacific General almost more than the original merely because it took the same basic game play principles and plopped them down into the Pacific Ocean and islands. The strategy and game play of all units were the same to that of PG, but with much greater and different strategies having to be created and used as it was an ocean/archipelago setting. I even remember at times having more naval/air units than I did marine infantry and amphibious vehicle units! It was truly unique, and I haven't seen anything really similar to it since then (unless you count modded scenarios of "Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord/Afrika Korps"). I was initially hoping this would be a DLC/expansion for the first PzC game, but I doubt this will be the case now. Anyways, I just wanted to bring this to the attention of the developers and hopefully spend a few moments of their time with consideration for it. I've almost been waiting for a reinstallment for "Pacific General" as long as I had been waiting for a renewal of the original, haha.

Please post any ideas/suggestions/answers you may have to go along with this, just thought it'd be something I'd suggest at this opportune moment.

Cheers,
Bdog39
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: PzC2 Pacific Campaign "Pacific General"

Post by WarHomer »

+1
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

The argument against this has always been that Slitherine is involved with another game set in the Pacific called Order of Battle. I haven't, and will never play that game because I don't want to give Slitherine more money (their quality control is deliberately awful on the Mac / iOS).
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

I don't think OOB is very good anyway, so you're not missing much. :lol:
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

I never played Pacific General but it introduced a ton of new features that weren't ported to Panzer Corps...

1) Night turns
2) Compartmental ship damage
3) Losses-suffered based victory conditions
4) Units immune to retreat
5) Guide units to boost friendly jungle movement (same mechanic as bridge engineers?)

It'll be interesting to see which, if any, of those are in Panzer Corps 2 or are easily added/modifiable to the logic engine. Pretty sure 1 is in already.
leonette

Post by leonette »

I never played Pacific General too

removed
Last edited by zakblood on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links removed and pm sent

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”