new game for this summer !!

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

new game for this summer !!

Post by Stormbringer »

Wake up Slitherine !
A new game arrrive http://www.klotzenthegame.com/, the trailer was not bad
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: new game for this summer !!

Post by sn0wball »

Apart from the stupid name, this game looks really promising. It is even a kind of 3D ...
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Looks interesting and not a complete ripoff of Panzer corps, due to a few of the gameplay differences like the supply system and air interdiction.

If anything it might be too convoluted, not the near perfect balance of simplicity like in Panzer Corps.
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Watched the trailer and looked at the screenshots and I have to agree it looks quite promising... although I'm not sure about the infantry being bigger than the tanks :shock:
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

indeed ! tanks are too small ! but if gameplay is good, why not?
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
fuselex
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by fuselex »

I don`t mind the look of it , panzercorps type of play , with a few interesting twists, graphics could be better but a lot of people don`t focus on that side of things , gameplay is paramount .
Just of the trailer I`m willing to have a go at it.
In a way I would like the units to be a bit more detailed in panzer corps 2, especially with the 3D engine promised .
But to change that feel of the game , which this one looks like it is trying to capture, could make or break it.
The one thing PZ2 has completely failed in , is in their communication .
Pathetic.
Yes , some will say they are spending their time focusing on development etc.
Well this has taken under a minute to type .
Not demanding screenshots , images , just somebody to occasionally respond once a week .

Definition of piss-poor for English Language Learners
: very bad : extremely poor

Nearly 12 months with intermittent comments from the devs.
PISS -POOR
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Fascinating. The trailer hits all of the key deficiencies of PzC- the need for a branched campaign where your victories affect the course of the war, better strategic air (taking out bridges, rail, affecting supply), and better naval combat. Everything we want! Meanwhile, the best Slitherine can say about PzC2 is "3D, 3D, 3D!". And though they don't mention the aesthetics even once, the look of the game is instantly likable- very easy to tell units apart from each other and the terrain, very clear what hex is what terrain type, and graphics suitable for modern high resolution displays.

Why couldn't Slitherine have made this game?
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Looks interesting! All of the features mentioned above make this very interesting and features not existing in PC. A good example of how to bring PC to a higher level with members' wishes implemented without the idea of turning it in into a 3D game. Hex turnbased games are in essence based on the ancient chess game: basic strategy and planning. And NOT the temptation of shifting to (moving) graphics - thats a different game type with a different gameplay (and followers).

Having said that - graphics do matter! My initial preference for PC's graphics has not been surpassed by Klotzen. The oversized infantry looks plain stupid, the explosions too simple and I dont like battleships turning 180' before firing.

And the game's name? Im Dutch - "klotsen" in Dutch means "splashing" (water) and "kloten" means "bullocks" :roll:

Still - very tempting, if not for the fact that Im not bored with PC yet (thankfully...) and not ready yet to spend so much energy and time in getting to know a new game...
Sourdust
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sourdust »

Agree, Klotzen looks promising. I like the description of mechanics and features so far, and the graphics aren't bad. Keeping a close eye on it on Steam. The tone of the developer and the overall look and feel to me seems better than that other PG clone done up in neon 3D super-zoom in Unreal Engine, can't remember the name...
anemesis5
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by anemesis5 »

panzer strategy? the new game with unreal engine on steam?
Athanatos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Athanatos »

sn0wball wrote:Apart from the stupid name, this game looks really promising. It is even a kind of 3D ...
ptje63 wrote:And the game's name? Im Dutch - "klotsen" in Dutch means "splashing" (water) and "kloten" means "bullocks" :roll:
I think it's a homage to Heinz Guderian, the innovator of modern tank tactics.
One of his sentences was "Klotzen - nicht kleckern!", what means to use massive forces for overwhelming the enemy and not only to fight a little bit... (concept of "Schwerpunktprinzip")

"Klotzen" is in some parts of Germany a slang word with the meaning of "working hard" and "kleckern" is metaphoric for to do something drop by drop.
donger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by donger »

fuselex wrote:graphics could be better but a lot of people don`t focus on that side of things
I don't play the majority of the Slitherine games because of the really poor graphics. Sorry, but this is the year 2018, it's about time that they step up in the graphics department.
jeff00t

Post by jeff00t »

"graphics could be better but a lot of people don`t focus on that side of things"

-->i understand now why this kind of game has difficulty to be more popular. why person like you doesn't care of the others players who can't play without a minimum of visibility ?Why always be against some improvements in graphics? In fact you don't want to let others players discover this kind of game and it is sad.

I am like donger, i would like to play all these horrible ugly games you manage to play but i can't. Why i can't? because it is too difficult to remember all theses ugly nato symbols. it is so poor in immersion. Sorry , i can't. i need a minimum immersion.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I never would have heard of or found this game except for you guys. Thanks! ;)

I have to agree though, that name is just... strange. Could be interesting to check out, when there's more of it to check out.
It definitely looks more Panzer Corps than Panzer Corps II. But that's not necessarily a good thing because there's already a Panzer Corps, and Panzer Corps II could prove to be the equivalent of Panzer General II. Which I definitely played more extensively than Panzer General because of it's various improvements.
proline

Post by proline »

jeff00t wrote:"graphics could be better but a lot of people don`t focus on that side of things"

-->i understand now why this kind of game has difficulty to be more popular. why person like you doesn't care of the others players who can't play without a minimum of visibility ?Why always be against some improvements in graphics? In fact you don't want to let others players discover this kind of game and it is sad.

I am like donger, i would like to play all these horrible ugly games you manage to play but i can't. Why i can't? because it is too difficult to remember all theses ugly nato symbols. it is so poor in immersion. Sorry , i can't. i need a minimum immersion.
We'd all like better graphics. But better shouldn't involve using 3D for the sake of 3D. Panzer Strategy, the other Unreal engine game besides PzC2, is ugly as sin. The 3D makes it so visually cluttered that you can't see anything, so they made the units sparkley glowy so that you could tell them apart from the background. Will PzC2 be this bad? Hopefully not, but at present there's not a single screenshot Slitherine is proud enough of to release to the public.

Increasing the resolution of the existing PzC sprite based graphics to handle modern high resolution displays would have been a far better idea than Unreal.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

The graphics are a bit "simple" and doesn´t quite catch the PC feel if you ask me. But lets wait and see.
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

Not too bad a trailer there but what does the game actually look like in reality? Doesn't look like much competition for Panzer Corps 2 and does remind me more of the old Panzer General series.
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

very promising, thanks for posting the news.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”