Need any playtesters?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Need any playtesters?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Hey developers, if I can help playtest PC2, let me kow and I'll be glad to help for free, I'm over 60 and retired and can put in 8 hours a day testing 24/7,
check out my credentials in this thread..:)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4387678
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Need any playtesters?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

No takers?
Has the PzCps 2 project gone dead in the water or what?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Very much alive but not ready for testers yet thanks.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

IainMcNeil wrote:Very much alive but not ready for testers yet thanks.
Thanks mate, I like you, it's good that you're the sort of friendly boss who actually talks to us game-buyers..:)
lhi1964
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by lhi1964 »

IainMcNeil wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 pm Very much alive but not ready for testers yet thanks.
Darn, what a shame...Had great fun testing PC 1 and then play the whole thing all over, once released... :-) looking very much forward to the actual game :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

It's now 20 months since PC2 was announced but it's still not released, so my offer to help playtest still stands..:)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm It's now 20 months since PC2 was announced but it's still not released, so my offer to help playtest still stands..:)
Yes, and we really appreciate your willingness to help. :) The development is taking forever, but we are much closer to the beta now than we were 20 months ago. Just a little bit more to wait. :)
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

As a matter of interest what exactly is holding things up? My guess is that the Campaign development is taking forever to do, so why not just abandon the campaign and release PC2 without it? It can be added as a 'Campaign DLC' later costing peanuts.
Personally I rarely play campaigns in any game anyway because I like playing short sharp standalone scenarios in the same way as I make love- quickly, mercilessly, decisively.
PS- The Armoured Brigade guys recently released AB without a campaign and it's selling well, but if they'd incorporated a campaign it'd have delayed the release date for months.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I am just curious, so how can you actually become a playtester, do you need to apply? Are there any criteria?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 pm I am just curious, so how can you actually become a playtester, do you need to apply? Are there any criteria?
When the beta is announced, there will be a link to registration page, and you can apply from there. There are no specific criteria, because we will need both veteran players and newcomers to test the game, and will need to cover a wide spectrum of hardware configurations with the beta. Unless we get some unexpectedly huge number of applications, there is a good chance to get into the beta.
PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm As a matter of interest what exactly is holding things up? My guess is that the Campaign development is taking forever to do, so why not just abandon the campaign and release PC2 without it? It can be added as a 'Campaign DLC' later costing peanuts.
Personally I rarely play campaigns in any game anyway because I like playing short sharp standalone scenarios in the same way as I make love- quickly, mercilessly, decisively.
PS- The Armoured Brigade guys recently released AB without a campaign and it's selling well, but if they'd incorporated a campaign it'd have delayed the release date for months.
You have guessed correctly that campaign is the main problematic area, because we could only set to creating it when the game itself was in a fairly advanced state. But there are still a few other missing things as well. In particular, I'm not fully satisfied with AI yet, so that's what I'm working on right now.

Campaign mode was always the most popular and iconic play mode in this game series, so releasing the game without a proper campaign would be a very risky step indeed. A game like this is time-consuming and expensive to create, so we will try to avoid as many risks as possible and release a complete and well-rounded product.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Rudankort wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:50 pm...You have guessed correctly that campaign is the main problematic area...
Campaign mode was always the most popular and iconic play mode in this game series, so releasing the game without a proper campaign would be a very risky step indeed..
Perhaps a poll is needed to find out if the majority of people want a campaign?
I personally prefer individual standalone scenarios and never play campaigns in any game.
As a compromise you could release PC2 without a campaign, then release a campaign DLC at a later date for those who want it.
Armoured Brigade was successfully released recently and it doesn't have a campaign..:)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am Perhaps a poll is needed to find out if the majority of people want a campaign?
From talking to players and following their discussions on various forums over the years, I know that pretty much 90% of our users play campaign mode exclusively. I'm confident about this and don't need any polls to confirm it.
PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am Armoured Brigade was successfully released recently and it doesn't have a campaign..:)
Experience of other games cannot be extended to Panzer Corps 2 directly, and especially when you create a sequel to an existing popular game, this creates a lot of upfront expectations. As an example, Heroes of Might and Magic 6 released without beautiful town screens, and lots of fans were really pissed off by this, even though it's a purely cosmetic feature. In Panzer Corps world, a good campaign is much more important than that. It's a must have.
PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am As a compromise you could release PC2 without a campaign, then release a campaign DLC at a later date for those who want it.
I have already explained that this would be a very risky move. In the modern competitive world, you have only one chance to make a good first impression. If your game does not fulfill expectations of its target audience and gets bad reviews upon release, you may never recover from this later. I know that you guys want the game asap, but we simply cannot release until it is ready. Sorry!
rajatgupta124
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by rajatgupta124 »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 am
PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am Perhaps a poll is needed to find out if the majority of people want a campaign?
From talking to players and following their discussions on various forums over the years, I know that pretty much 90% of our users play campaign mode exclusively. I'm confident about this and don't need any polls to confirm it.
PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am Armoured Brigade was successfully released recently and it doesn't have a campaign..:)
Experience of other games cannot be extended to Panzer Corps 2 directly, and especially when you create a sequel to an existing popular game, this creates a lot of upfront expectations. As an example, Heroes of Might and Magic 6 released without beautiful town screens, and lots of fans were really pissed off by this, even though it's a purely cosmetic feature. In Panzer Corps world, a good campaign is much more important than that. It's a must have.
PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 am As a compromise you could release PC2 without a campaign, then release a campaign DLC at a later date for those who want it.
I have already explained that this would be a very risky move. In the modern competitive world, you have only one chance to make a good first impression. If your game does not fulfill expectations of its target audience and gets bad reviews upon release, you may never recover from this later. I know that you guys want the game asap, but we simply cannot release until it is ready. Sorry!
I agree, by the look of the dev diaries, its looking good, how much left is something u guys would know but any info on that won't suffice the hunger of wanting this game. take ur time (not too much) but give us the best !
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Although it’s slightly off topic by now... but I (personally) would definitely agree on the importance of a good campaign to start with… :D
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 am Hey developers, if I can help playtest PC2, let me kow and I'll be glad to help for free, I'm over 60 and retired and can put in 8 hours a day testing 24/7,
check out my credentials in this thread..:)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4387678
Father calm down! dedicate time to grandchildren, take care of the garden, cut the lawn. Leave the games for the younger generation.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pmFather calm down! dedicate time to grandchildren, take care of the garden, cut the lawn. Leave the games for the younger generation.
You could be right mate, I had 4 Kingtigers shot out from under me yesterday in Armed Assault III KOTH multiplayer because my gunners were inexperienced kids swinging the gun around in all directions like crackheads instead of watching their front..:)
Pmanuk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Pmanuk »

I agree - for me I only play the campaign. I'd willing wait for the campaign over single scenarios
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Pmanuk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:38 pm I agree - for me I only play the campaign. I'd willing wait for the campaign over single scenarios
The only problem with devs spending their valuable time working on including campaigns is that it delays the release for many months, for example they've been working on PC2 for 22 months now, maybe they're trying for the Guinness Book of Records for the longest game under development...:)
Meanwhile other games are being released, so people are spending their cash on them instead.
As I've said before, if PC2 was released tomorrow without a campaign I'd immediately buy it and so would everybody else, then we'd also buy a campaign DLC when it was released later.
hs1611
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by hs1611 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 pm As I've said before, if PC2 was released tomorrow without a campaign I'd immediately buy it and so would everybody else, then we'd also buy a campaign DLC when it was released later.
I wouldn't. I would wait until the campaign was available before spending my money...
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

For me, single player campaign play is what it is all about.

I loved the Grand campaign DLcs for PC 1 and was involved in the beta testing.

I'm champing at the bit for the beta to be announced to get involved with testing again.

:)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”