BearCorps

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Kirby
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

BearCorps

Post by Kirby »

I was thinking how to get more public visibility for PanzerCorps games and then it hit me! Make a Panzer Corps game but with animals! For kids! Bears for tanks, Birds and insects for air force etc. Actually sounds pretty awesome in my mind. I think one of the primary reasons why PC didn't sell as MUCH as it could, considering its brilliant gameplay, is its WW2 setting.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: BearCorps

Post by 13obo »

I can't tell if you are kidding or not, but whatever the case is (wrong date for April fool's joke or what not) I'll try to reply with a serious answer:

The majority of games are not developed with aim to be liked and played by everyone. There have been very few such games in history (mostly pre-90s due to general lack of variety back then). Panzer Corps in specific is a very niche game played by "Armchair Generals" and unlikely to be played by others due to its turn-based nature, need for thinking and planning before executing, and (relatively) historical accuracy. Armchair generals want a game that will allow them to relive history (and possibly alter is slightly), but also experience realism, as well as be given time to think and plan their actions (not to be rushed by real-time strategies (even pausable RTS are a no-go for me usually)).

I won't get into arguments about whether the Armchair General wants 3D or not as that has been the major topic of discussion in the forum. What I am sure of though is that turning tanks into bears is definitely something that will drive the majority of current fans away even if it only an toggle option.

And that's as serious as I can be given your suggestion!

Edit & suggestion: feel free to create a mod that does what you suggested? All you'll need is to replace the unit sprites. However, you'll think of some way to explain to your kids why the bear is shooting at the other bear... Kill it with love?
Kirby
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kirby »

I'm not kidding and this is not a Panzer Corps 2 scenario, but a way to introduce the Panzer Corps core game mechanics to a wider audience. The core mechanics would work great even if the game wasn't about killing. Many other games for mobile devices follow this path, where they take a well known and well designed concept and just port it for the wider audience.
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Actually your idea is brilliant. Setting is paramount in look and feel for some people. Not as PC sequel nor for this audience but as a different game for different audience. Most people look at strategy or war games from more serious angle but games for children and games for women are currently increasing trend. Compleatly new growing market. When we are on the subject, grand strategy approach fits more to turn based games than tactical approach does and RTS is all the rage because of its continous action effect. Player feedback in Panzer Corps is showing how there are people more inclined to grand strategy approach and more of those wanting continous action in purely tactical environment. Careful planing and accepting responsibility for one's own actions is not in high demand.
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

good idea !
Last edited by jeff00t on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

A good idea for mobile platforms.
But from the panzer corps you can take only hexes :)
Games for kids are quite a competitive area.
And it will be necessary to exert efforts to get out of the many "clash of clans"-style clones.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Panzerpimp
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Beer Corps.

Post by Panzerpimp »

I also was thinking about public visibility.. And here's my idea - BeerCorps - Panzer Corps Game, but with beers...
Beers for tanks, Beers and pints for air force etc. Actually sounds more than awesome for me. :D
Make love, not war.
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Not bears - cats! They are the stars of the internet...
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Dinosaurs, that is the way to go. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”