Things that I hope won't return with Panzer corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

crisse88
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Things that I hope won't return with Panzer corps 2

Post by crisse88 »

-That 1 single (recon/paratroop) unit being able to capture close to half the map if no enemy is present (solvable with a good supply system)

-The inability to purchase transport for certain infantry/anti-panzer units (for an instance the map rush to Moscow has an 1943 pak to the north that you only can move one hex at the time).

I hope that these two things wont make it into the game :D .
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Things that I hope won't return with Panzer corps 2

Post by best75 »

crisse88 wrote:-That 1 single (recon/paratroop) unit being able to capture close to half the map if no enemy is present (solvable with a good supply system)

-The inability to purchase transport for certain infantry/anti-panzer units (for an instance the map rush to Moscow has an 1943 pak to the north that you only can move one hex at the time).

1 can be easily solved by making it so recon can not capture hexes.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

The AI suddenly spamming loads of units around that one last victory hex like it's Christmas every turn.
econ21
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by econ21 »

Shrike wrote:The AI suddenly spamming loads of units around that one last victory hex like it's Christmas every turn.
That may be a scenario design issue - a function of how much prestige the AI gets each turn. It used to infuriate me in the Grand Campaign East - some IS2s spawning under your nose at some remote town was an immersion killer (and potential core killer!). But so far I haven't noticed a single instance of unit spamming in US Corps, despite that DLC being pretty tough. The US Corps scenarios seem to be more about scripted waves of AI, rather than incremental purchases, and it works well.
Casaubon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Casaubon »

crisse88 wrote:-That 1 single (recon/paratroop) unit being able to capture close to half the map if no enemy is present (solvable with a good supply system)

just had this idea; what if capturing cost the capping unit strength (manpower). means: you leave some of the unit behind to ensure control
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

I see no problem in recon capturing empty cities... many cities were left undefended in ww2 and forward moving recons in many cases liberated / captured cities / towns.
funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

Belgrade was captured by no more than a few dozen soldiers of a forward recon unit. It is one of the most realistic aspects of the game.
In 2003. invasion of Iraq, a lot of Iraqi cities surrendered to American recon units. When a front collapses, it is almost a rule.
Casaubon

Post by Casaubon »

funat wrote:Belgrade was captured by no more than a few dozen soldiers of a forward recon unit. It is one of the most realistic aspects of the game.
In 2003. invasion of Iraq, a lot of Iraqi cities surrendered to American recon units. When a front collapses, it is almost a rule.
the question will depend on if it is liberation or occupation. if you play wehrmacht and occupy a soviet town, not leaving anyone behind, why should the town citizens commit supply to you by their own if not forced. game play wise I see the appeal of a simple system though.
funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

Because time is needed for citizens to organize resistance. At the beginning everybody is waiting what will happen next - this applies for the beginning of the war.
Once the war is ongoing and there is no more confusion - there are usually no more men left as well (at least military able men) - they pull back with their army. Elderly, women, children and disabled stay (unless some kind of ethnic/civil war). So taking a city by a recon unit is not an issue.
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

for me, i hope that there will be more missions or campaign with infinite turns. I like to have times when i play . Plz don't make too many mission with only 10 turns or less. Too many rush = too many luck moves in panzer corps... we can add x turns by cheating but sometimes it is " defeat enemy before turn 10" and impossible to cheat.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”