Volunteering for voice acting, briefing writing

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Volunteering for voice acting, briefing writing

Post by CroCop96 »

If there is a need, I would like to volunteer for either or both writing the briefings, spell-checking them; or voice acting with proper accents.

I speak excellent English, decent Italian, solid German but with a very good accent (absorbed from movies, video games and from working as a waiter on the seaside during summer - the Germans praised my accent); and very basic Russian. I also acted a bit, generally in English, while I was in high school.
Due to my lifelong history affinity, I know a lot of English, German, and Russian military terms and phrases.
I also come from a Slavic country, so Russian accent wouldn't be a problem, and I wouldn't even need to act to behave like a typical Russian (Slav) (''comrade commander, let's drink some stolichnaya vodka to celebrate your victory''); and I can do both standard American and British accents.

For a possible Soviet campaign, I could really imbue the Slavic mentality and ''spirit'' into those briefing, not create it artificially, as I found the briefings in Soviet Corps not enthusiastic enough - the gentleman's acting was fine, although not with a ''perfect'' (believable Russian English) accent; but the text just wasn't Slavic enough, it was too reserved and cold. As a Slav, I can say sincerely that a true Russian would have been more passionate with his words.

I am a young adult so I couldn't pass for a field marshal like the gentleman who did Feldmarschall Habermann, but I could enact the role of a young intelligence officer who holds the briefings - for any and all nations.

I just want to make this lovely game better and it would be an honour for me to participate in whatever way!

Vielen dank in advance!
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Volunteering for voice acting, briefing writing

Post by goose_2 »

CroCop96 wrote:If there is a need, I would like to volunteer for either or both writing the briefings, spell-checking them; or voice acting with proper accents.

I speak excellent English, decent Italian, solid German but with a very good accent (absorbed from movies, video games and from working as a waiter on the seaside during summer - the Germans praised my accent); and very basic Russian. I also acted a bit, generally in English, while I was in high school.
Due to my lifelong history affinity, I know a lot of English, German, and Russian military terms and phrases.
I also come from a Slavic country, so Russian accent wouldn't be a problem, and I wouldn't even need to act to behave like a typical Russian (Slav) (''comrade commander, let's drink some stolichnaya vodka to celebrate your victory''); and I can do both standard American and British accents.

For a possible Soviet campaign, I could really imbue the Slavic mentality and ''spirit'' into those briefing, not create it artificially, as I found the briefings in Soviet Corps not enthusiastic enough - the gentleman's acting was fine, although not with a ''perfect'' (believable Russian English) accent; but the text just wasn't Slavic enough, it was too reserved and cold. As a Slav, I can say sincerely that a true Russian would have been more passionate with his words.

I am a young adult so I couldn't pass for a field marshal like the gentleman who did Feldmarschall Habermann, but I could enact the role of a young intelligence officer who holds the briefings - for any and all nations.

I just want to make this lovely game better and it would be an honour for me to participate in whatever way!

Vielen dank in advance!

Oh please take him up on this the voice acting and briefings for the game could use someone with his enthusiasm to tackle it.

Love this kind of fan based support and help.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”