3 questions

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

3 questions

Post by hugh2711 »

One of the strengths of pzc1 is the enormous amount of mods available some of them really EXCELLENT, indeed (dare I say it ? :-) some of them better than the origional content. e.g. Battlefield Europe
But while alot of people have good 2d modelling skills alot dont have 3d modelling skills, so there are going to be LESS mods than for pzc1. These creative people are not going to stand still they will go and create elswhere UNLESS of course they will still be able to create here so:

1) will you be able to insert traditional 2D images for your graphics/icons if you want (for people who dont care about the eye candy)? in pzc2

2) Will there be more than the current limit of 32 'zones'? (for those creating the larger and hence more popuar scenarios).

3) Have you actually directly asked some of the more popular mod designers what they want and what would keep them creating? (its easy to see the popular ones, they are the ones in the scenario design sub forum with the longest threads with the most praise.)

thanks for info
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: 3 questions

Post by Rudankort »

1) We are thinking about it, but this is very tricky to do, so I cannot give any promises at this point.

2) Approach to zones will be different in new game, but of course I'm aware about this limitation, and it won't exist in the new game.

3) We could not really talk to anyone before the announcement. Now that the game is announced and we've got this forum to talk, we can discuss this question as well. You can create a topic for this and ask them what they think.
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

Thank you for your answer; as always, very informative.

I am greatly encouraged by the direct answers.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

May I add a question then as it seems the developers are responsive to them - when can we roughly expect the game?

Putting no pressure on you guys as I'd prefer a delayed game than a rushed one, but anything like end of 2017 or spring of 2018 would help me sleep better at night!
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Regarding the release date, all I can do is quote my answer from the Q&A topic:

When will Panzer Corps 2 be released?

We will not rush the game out, and will only release it when we are happy with it. Since this is still rather far away, and lots of unpredictable things can happen, any day or even month we give now will likely be wrong. We are reasonably confident that we'll be ready next year, so this is what the announcement has stated.

To give you some perspective, the game was playable several months ago, which includes some game mechanics, map and units, controls and AI. So, it's not like we are on an early stage. But it's a huge project, and we still have a lot of work to do.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

13obo wrote:May I add a question then as it seems the developers are responsive to them - when can we roughly expect the game?

Putting no pressure on you guys as I'd prefer a delayed game than a rushed one, but anything like end of 2017 or spring of 2018 would help me sleep better at night!
Lol. I will eat the my keyboard if PzC II is released even in December, 2018. Sweet dreams :)
When im died - I must be a killed.
Musketeer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Musketeer »

Authors, are you planning in PC3 to use 4D or 5D or some types of Holo-cubes? ;)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Rudankort wrote:Regarding the release date, all I can do is quote my answer from the Q&A topic:

When will Panzer Corps 2 be released?

We will not rush the game out, and will only release it when we are happy with it. Since this is still rather far away, and lots of unpredictable things can happen, any day or even month we give now will likely be wrong. We are reasonably confident that we'll be ready next year, so this is what the announcement has stated.

To give you some perspective, the game was playable several months ago, which includes some game mechanics, map and units, controls and AI. So, it's not like we are on an early stage. But it's a huge project, and we still have a lot of work to do.
Thank you! Hadn't seen that Q&A previously.

Won't take anymore of your valuable time developing the game (as shouldn't others who keep complaining about 3D...).
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

About the possibility of making PzCorps2 able to accept 2d graphics (hopefully in the current format used by PzCorps - Allied Corps - Soviet Corps, etc...), Mr. Rudankort wrote:
Rudankort wrote:1) We are thinking about it, but this is very tricky to do, so I cannot give any promises at this point.
Please, Mr. Rudankort, make the effort to do this... I would not like to see all the icons made by a lot of people (including me, hehe) not able to be used in the new game, besides, having PzCorps2 3D icons, I suppose the creation of new ones will be out of reach for the vast majority of modders/players. I think this would be an additional reason for the players who are at present playing modded (with additional or customized icons) versions of Panzer Corps to buy the new game. So... the new game will appeal not only to new players but will also have a powerful attraction to the old core of players who had bought the first PzCorps...

Please, please, I beg you!!! 8) :-)
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

I triple vote on that. I have made a few icons and modded/improved on Guille's and others to my taste.

It would be a shame if we would loose all the talented artist. Guille is number one!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”