Ipad...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ipad...

Post by IainMcNeil »

Simultaneous releases are generally a bad idea if you can avoid it. Patches take a long time to prepare and test. If you have to do it on more than one platform you more than double the time because each has to be tested and then they have to be tested against each other. Adding platforms delays the rate at which bugs and balance issues can be addressed and new content added. Then add in approval times from people like Apple who can randomly decide to prevent you releasing a patch because they misunderstood that the Germans are involved in WW2 and games with guns are not illegal....

It makes far more sense to release on one platform - polish it until everyone is happy and then consider porting. It is far more cost effective and this is why most developers do it this way. If you check you'll see the majority (if not all as I'm not aware of any simultaneous) unreal strategy game on iOS released way after the PC release.
Ruggs225
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ruggs225 »

So what you're saying is that you should create the game for iPad first and then port it over to the computer :mrgreen:
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Ruggs225 wrote:So what you're saying is that you should create the game for iPad first and then port it over to the computer :mrgreen:
Indeed ! + 1

As catering to us IOS users is far more important than creating substantial Steam / PC revenue :wink:
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Fast00000000000
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Fast00000000000 »

I really think Panzer Corps is better on an ipad than a computer. (I do own a computer copy and when it came out on Ipad I got it a second time)
rubyjuno

Post by rubyjuno »

I play on an iPad mini 2, it's an easy tablet to hold in your hand wherever you are. There are things I miss when playing on it rather than the PC version, but easily the best thing is the facility to zoom in and out as much as you want (I'm 53 and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be). I bought Panzer Corps and all the DLC, then the Gold version when it came out to make reinstalling easier, and then the iPad version too! You could say I like Panzer Corps :roll: as for Panzer Corps 2, we'll have to wait and see :|

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”