A new story begins... Panzer Corps 2 has been announced!

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: A new story begins... Panzer Corps 2 has been announced!

Post by goose_2 »

kongkrog wrote:Great news

A suggestion:
Upgrade the multiplayer engine. Adding possible turnaments, ranking, teams and so on would definetely improve the multiplayer part of the game.
Also big maps, where multiple players can play at the same time - imagine armies with a player as general of that particular army.

Best wishes for a great PC2!
KongKrog
I second this sentiment 100 fold.

Please also make it possible to use Random/limited/and Chess rolls available for matches, as that seems to be a complaint of the play.

I know I feel bad when I see a super great roll, and super mad when I see a super good roll for my opponent. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
panther414
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by panther414 »

Good Day All,
I have been called older than dirt and have enjoyed playing Panzer General (PG) since it came out. I also enjoy Panzer General 2 (PG 2) also as well as other SSI Products (Steel Panthers and Talonsoft's East/West Front Campaign series). I was really happy when I discovered Open General (OG) and still play. It is my "go to" when I need to do something I have always enjoyed. I have now moved into the Mac world of hardware. No PG, PG 2 or OG for the Mac (iMac for me). Panzer Corps was like coming home to a place I really enjoyed and a great discovery (I know it's bee out for a while but I do have a life in the RCAF) . And now a Panzer Corps 2, AWESOME. I really liked the changes and new background art work from Pg to PG 2.
Verstaubtgesicht makes all very good suggestions I think especially the "No 3D". I did buy the 'Panzer General 3D Assault and Scorched Earth games but they did not get the attention of PG 2. No 3D please.
DLM936 makes a point of something I'd really appreciate. Available for play on Mac's, would be really nice.
Other things for me to suggest:
- arty with realistic ranges, not all have only three hexes (75mm vs 150mm)
- tank guns with real differences, the 75 mm and the 88mm with the same range, really?
- allow deployment of unit throughout the game;
- allow over run attacks by appropriate unit (tank);
- Engineers which can actually repair or build something as in OG;
- damage from try or air attacks to terrain which inhibits movement I also believe is from OG.
This should be good for now,I'll post more as I think of them.

"Though I move through the valley of death I shall fear no evil, for I am wrapped in my Panther G"
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

I cannot wait...
Torgrimmer

Post by Torgrimmer »

I cant wait, but could we see some piece of the Pacific theater :?: :wink:
Asap
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Asap »

Panzer Corps 2 :?: :shock: :o
"The sun is new each day" Heraclitus
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

PG3 was an improvement over PG2 because of the "action point" feature which allowed
units to combine realistic fire and maneuver attributes at the tactical level- only problem
it was based on action points for leadership levels (2 thru 10) rather than a fixed number
(like 6 maybe).
PC was terrible as a "blitzkrieg" game due to it's lack of any supply support linkage requirements. Biggest challenge is going to be choosing unit size(s) which will fix hex size
then artillery range.
I found PC to best fit as battalions, but had to increase artillery ranges to fit. OoB is most satisfying with units at the company/battery level where 3 infantry units (2 regular, 1 heavy) represented a battalion (with the heavy infantry having the HMGs and mortars attached).
If you go in the other direction to regiments/brigades you will need some way of "attaching" antitank/antiaircraft/assault guns/engineers/recon, etc. rather than explicitly representing them as separate units on the map. At this level (without stacking) I can see only 5 units:
infantry (w/attachments), armor (w/attachments), artillery, construction engineers, and
static/stationary heavy antiaircraft guns.
Basti
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Basti »

Maybe you should strengthen what made the original Panzer General successful and exciting: the "chess"-charakter of the game. In PanzerCorps, there are many scripted events which are nice at the first play but stand against the creativity of the player (solving the szenario in different / the best way) in the long run. One of my favourite scenarios in the original Panzer General was Norway: it gave the player several ways to conquer the map right from the start. Concentrate troops in the south? Or split them (south and north)? Slow advance or risky and fast "Blitzkrieg"?

At the same time, as a player you had to handle your units more carefully and the scenarios were more like a chess game.
While in PanzerCorps, there are more and more troops on the battle field and it's more like a clash of tons of equipment.
In Panzer General (without fog of war) you had to carefully plan your actions right from the start. Yes, I think that was what made it exciting. Planning your moves and experiencing if it worked. PanzerCorps is more like "waiting for the things to come and reacting in the right way from move to move. Micromanagement (Panzer Corps) vs. tactical planning (Panzer General). I know I exagerate things a little in order to get the message across.
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Please add (at least) one unit: a Headquarters/Logistical vehicle or Command Post which all units must trace a friendly path to in order to receive supply or replacements.
This will convert the game from one of attrition based (circa WWI) to a modern "blitzkrieg" (circa WWII to present) game of maneuver by allowing units to be cut off from their
sustainment/main supply route (MSR/LOC).
Guderian661
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Guderian661 »

Very exciting
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Would you please consider incorporating the OoB attributes like mortar fire, shock, assault, etc.? Also, if you give units spotting range shouldn't they
also have signature values as well?
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

OMFG! Thx thx thx thx

PC 2 :D Well i am registered here and get slitherine newsletters. Will there be a mail when preoder starts ?
jmiller23
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jmiller23 »

well its the new year how are you guys doing? any screenshots yet? ready for any beta testers I'm ready!
AinWolfsam

Post by AinWolfsam »

As a huge fan of Panzer General (yes, I am that old...) and similiar games I still like most of the Panzer Corps series very much.
I hope you are making progress with Panzer Corps 2.

If there is one suggestion for Panzer Corps 2 I might add than please be able to include a sophisticated AI.
Not based on cheating (scripts) but on decision making :!:

I mean I grew up in times where chess computers couldn't handle a drunken chicken as an opponent and now you find no Chess Grand Master to challenge a chess program out of idle state :o
So no excuses.
funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

First they should add new release information because this is becoming slightly insulting. Either they admit it is down the drain or they show something new.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

i cannot believe,
in case, the description is right, the game only will be available in English Language.
True or wrong?
RSmith55
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by RSmith55 »

Oh nice!
Keen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Keen »

Panzer Corps so interesting game! Glad to hear about new part developing.
anemesis5

Post by anemesis5 »

Ok guys, now, after 1 year from the announcement... want u tell us some news or not???!!!
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

A new story begins: Panzer Corps 2-- the Duke Nukem experience! Keep checking for the next 9 years or so for updates! :P
cicciopastic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by cicciopastic »

anemesis5 wrote:Ok guys, now, after 1 year from the announcement... want u tell us some news or not???!!!
welcome in the club mate!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”