Bugged Mission and Bugged Achievements

GandalfsBeard
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Bugged Mission and Bugged Achievements

Post by GandalfsBeard »

Hello,

I have a few small bugs to report. The first is in the Campaign Mission 16: Operation Septentrion. I finished the mission with all four waterworks up and H&M at 81. The game counted it as a defeat. I don't know if it matters, but I didn't play through the entire mission in one sitting. I would attach screenshots, but that's apparently not allowed for a new user.

The second issue relates to the Achievement "Defense Meritorious Service Medal". Eventhough I have reached an increase in H&M for seven successive turns, I did not get the achievement. It was during the earlier mentioned mission, I don't know if that has any impact. I'd also have a screenshot of this one.

The third problem I found relates to the Recruiter line of Achievements. They seem to count other units besides Infantry, though it claims to only count infantry units. I rotated home a number of vehicles and suddenly got the achievement. It was either an MRAP or a supply truck that triggered it.

Thank you,
GandalfsBeard
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Bugged Mission and Bugged Achievements

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, the developer would need a save maybe at least to be able to confirm and replicate the problem your seeing.
GandalfsBeard

Post by GandalfsBeard »

Is the save still somewhere after the game ended? As the most important bug shows itself on the end screen, the game is over at that point. I guess I'll start backing up that folder every once in a while.

Also, there is one more bug I forgot yesterday evening. You can't build FOBs on caves, which gives away cave locations, but is obviously necessary. BUT in situations where multiple units spawn in the location of the cave, one of the militia/taliban is pushed to a seemingly random direction. This second unit actually CAN spawn in the FOBs.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

is it on steam or the site version? and i'll mention where the saves are then, if you wish to upload one for the developer to look at etc
GandalfsBeard

Post by GandalfsBeard »

It's the steam version of the game. I know where to find the current autosave, but as far as I am aware previous saves are lost, aren't they?

Thanks for you help, btw :D
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes, so if you can manage to repeat, you also need to load and zip the save then attach to the post if you can
GandalfsBeard

Post by GandalfsBeard »

I played through the mission again and this time actually placed the waterworks within the same sitting. The objective was immediately marked as completed. If I had the time I would try and replay the mission while not placing all waterworks within the same session. Sadly, the reasons forcing me into splitting it up are also the reasons I don't really want to sink as much time into that. Maybe the counter that tracks the objectives resets on loading the game.

And I am still 100% sure that the "Defense Meritorious Service Medal" Achievement is either not working for the campaign or not working at all (Awarded when a H&M net movement score greater than 0 is achieved for 6 successive turns, 0% of players have this achievement, eventhough I meet the requirements for it every other game and I am fairly sure other people share that experience). The same goes for the "Army Achievement Medal" (Awarded when H&M score increases by more than 5 in one turn, 0% of players have this one either, I also met the requirements for this one more then once).

EDIT:
here is a screenshot of 7 successive turns showing an increase in H&M:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1322647242
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

ok have copied the picture across and will see what the developer has to say on it
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (291.31 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
GandalfsBeard

Post by GandalfsBeard »

Aaaand now I completed 19 of 18 campaign missions, so I'm not getting that award either it seems :P

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

again it will be hard for the developer to say, without a save to be able to replicate or know what's going off with it tbh
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Played on the newest Steam version. A lot of fun with the first four tutorial missions. Got medals to decorate my uniform but achievements were not awarded. Tested with level Rookie and Veteran. Achievements broken or ist it a bug? Or... achievements only activated when playing non-tutorial missions?
Knoxklay11
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Knoxklay11 »

Can confirm Army Achievement Medal and the others are indeed still bugged. I've repeatedly met the requirements in both campaign and skirmish missions and still nothing. Will this ever be fixed or at least addressed by devs?

Return to “Afghanistan '11: Tech Support”