Our Contest scenarios: what we liked when making them

Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Our Contest scenarios: what we liked when making them

Post by Aekar »

I think we should keep some mystery on our entries until the contest results are displayed but I hope they had many contestants!

In my case, I did not focus much time on editor graphic features with tiles.
This is because the map generator provided some nice settings already for my story.
I also made new units and since I was already using scripted texturing, I did not need more on textures.

I appreciated that the game AI worked well with the new units.
My units get wrecked if I just play "grouped charge".
Fighting other space marines made a very challenging situation.
They have the firepower to destroy anything even with infantry.
The player must really rethink his strategy here and make good use of scouting units and task force formation, and things get bloody pretty fast! :twisted:

I also appreciated the victory plugins, the weather conditions...
However I was a bit puzzled by the "Cancel" button on the plugin screen, I wondered if something was wrong especially with Squad names.

A more important problem was that a scenario with spaces in its name has wrong headers in most files. (like if you use scenario description exporter)
It then needs the player to fix everyting himself in several files.

Before contest scenarios are publicly released I would just appreciate to make some very quick fixes like fixing new vehicle sounds.
Also having time to check pictures policy from an artist.

I'll start working on it right now, so that should be ready ;)
FirecrackerJOE
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Our Contest scenarios: what we liked when making them

Post by FirecrackerJOE »

I really liked the control I had over the terrain and the ability to tweak AI behavior. For my scenario to work correctly there needed to some fairly specific behaviour/timing that went on to make the story and difficulty fit. After some play testing I think I found the sweet spot.
Caal
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Caal »

Since the winner has been announced if anyone would like to try my entry it is up at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121 ... ARIOCH.zip. The defence mission for the Space Marines was what I submitted and what I have play tested the most but I have also included an alternative attack mission for the Space Marines for those that want.

I will leave it up until Slitherine/Straylight decide if they want to do something officially with the entries.

I enjoyed using the editor but haven't dug into the scripting yet. I may make the above into a linked campaign but I don't quite understand how the carryover mechanic works yet so I am hoping for tutorial videos on that.

Hope you all enjoy it and let me know your thoughts.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Since the winner has been announced if anyone would like to try my entry it is up at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121 ... ARIOCH.zip.
Nice missions. The first time i thought, second mission is to easy even without knights, raiders and speeder, but then i thought "where is my Land Raider, damnit" :D
PS: I had a bug in 2 level
Caal

Post by Caal »

Thanks for giving it a shot Parallax, Yes I couldn't figure out how to get the reinforcements to show up correctly from within the Editor. Anyone know?

I will tweak the difficulty again in the defence mission. Maybe remove the whirlwind or tone down the points.
jason40k
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jason40k »

Caal wrote:Since the winner has been announced if anyone would like to try my entry it is up at....... The defence mission for the Space Marines was what I submitted and what I have play tested the most but I have also included an alternative attack mission for the Space Marines for those that want.

I will leave it up until Slitherine/Straylight decide if they want to do something officially with the entries.

I enjoyed using the editor but haven't dug into the scripting yet. I may make the above into a linked campaign but I don't quite understand how the carryover mechanic works yet so I am hoping for tutorial videos on that.

Hope you all enjoy it and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks, i must play them now. I think they didnt want people posting your entries as they want to make a senario pack?.
Caal

Post by Caal »

Hopefully the guys will release a scenario pack soon with all the entries but in the meantime I think this won't hurt to leave it up. I plan to turn it into a 3 part campaign when I have time so some feedback is useful.

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”