Custom Campaigns v1.0.12 Beta

Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Custom Campaigns v1.0.12 Beta

Post by Mophead »

Three scenarios in a custom carryover campaign, "Three Visions."

Idea is that three Wolf Priests were victorious in a glorious battle and had some Fenrisian Ale that caused the envisioning of the three respective scenarios.

Nothing special, and I'm open to all feedback and criticism.

If the difficulty is whack and a scenario is too long or boring - change the order of the scenarios in the Campaign.txt to skip passed or omit by deleting the listing, "[Vision_One]". [OR, just delete the entry "CARRYOVER" in the Campaign.txt to pick missions in-game]

I hope you enjoy! Any assets included are not claimed to be mine and this is being disseminated under the pretense of peer learning, feel free to use for your own purposes, and share the knowledge!

**version3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06cgcu1n91kcp ... 3.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Mophead on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Custom Campaign v1.0.11 Beta

Post by Parallax »

Crimson Fists Bikers in first vision have no moving sound :(
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

Yeah, it was left out so you can make the motorcycle noises! Honestly, I must have done something unplanned and had sound muted finishing it up. Thank you for pointing that out.

edit:
in sfx0.txt

Code: Select all

SM_LAND_SPEEDER_MOVE_A		374
SM_LAND_SPEEDER_MOVE_B		375
SM_LAND_SPEEDER_MOVE_C		376
SM_LAND_SPEEDER_STOP_A		377
SM_LAND_SPEEDER_STOP_B		378
I might be over-writing the IDS with new units in the Squads.CSV file, [no, I don't think it works like that now].
edit2
The bikers, modded and regular, have sounds when placed in-editor and the scenario loaded & played. I thought it was initially that "WolfPriests" squad in the "SquadNames" Biker script spawn in the Vision_One.bsf file. Not that. I'm stumped and will look at it tomorrow .

edit3 Remade it with new units overwriting unused, existing ids. Tried adding SoundHelpers.bsf and the .txt & sound files. Tried couple other things. I'll leave it up a couple more days but if I can't fix the sound, I'm deleting the thread or just removing the link.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

I'll leave it up a couple more days but if I can't fix the sound, I'm deleting the thread or just removing the link.
Please don't. Campaign very interesting and lots of chapter models looking very good! :cry: Missing sound is not the reason for deleting whole campaign :wink: I found another issue. I finished first level but lost priest. I think when you lose your priest the game should be over? Or isn't?
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Another problem. This time with textures. When i save the game in the middle of the level and then load this save, all textures disappear
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

Textures (CONTROL+HOME)
Reloads any textures which have changed since loading.
http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/QuickStart
I saw mention of that earlier. I didn't have a save that was loading the textures like that and was unable to verify this works.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The texture issue is (I think) because the script calls to SetUnitTexture aren't working correctly (the GetTextureFilename function is an internal Sanctus fn and I don't think it works for your units.). This means the string being passed in is empty, which 'turns off' the custom textures. The code on reload then tries to show you that there isn't a custom texture there, which is correct but potentially less friendly than just falling back to the texture on the unit by default. I have updated the code to be more helpful, but if you remove the calls to SetUnitTexture (which aren't doing much at the moment anyway) then the load/save textures work correctly.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

pipfromslitherine wrote: This means the string being passed in is empty, which 'turns off' the custom textures.
Yeah I figured something was up when I couldn't change the path to set different textures like that.

It can be done in the editor.

The sounds could be in the Move.BSF, Soundfile.BSF. I'm still not sure what is up. Something like Units in Vox Funciton but I don't know.

The OP link has been updated to version 2. Bikers, Predator, Rhino, and Jump Assault removed. Carryover status removed. Texture calls removed.

I think teleport might be muted too.

*** If you have both versions they will show up the same in-game. Only folder name changed. Deleting first version or moving it is recommended.

v3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06cgcu1n91kcp ... 3.zip?dl=0
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Custom Campaigns v1.0.12 Beta

Post by Mophead »

The first campaign, "Three Visions" still works in v1.0.12 beta.

I had an issue trying to use a mod with that campaign, it works with Default Data selection, upper right - main menu. I'm not very familiar with the new mod thing though.

Here is another example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5h7p605msql4 ... E.zip?dl=0

I tried to make annotations in the Scenario.BSF if anyone is having trouble getting started scripting. I've been there, I might still be there. Enjoy!

*The second example, above in this post, is one scenario with all stock units and textures.

*****Hour of the Wolf edit (V2):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1ka162o188ur ... 2.zip?dl=0
Essentially trying to maintain one force to select from throughout the campaign. Largely untested.
AlessandroD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AlessandroD »

Got them!

Thanks for your work :D
ur1
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ur1 »

Thank you! This will make the maps more fun.
Is it possible to have the reinforcements arrive after conquering a victory point or an achievement?Or an enemy counterattack. Or acquire an ability ...for example
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

It should be possible.

//returns the owner id of the given region [0,255]
RegionMapGetOwner(objectName, region)
If not that, a function to act as a trigger when the ownership or whatever changes.

I haven't done that yet.
ur1

Post by ur1 »

After some attempts. I leave it for today. The game crashes on the last loading.screen.Is a simple map where I have placed some victory points.If you capture a concrete victory point. Arrives a dreadnought.That's what i want to get.The second dreadnought in the script is from my previous tests with the reinforcements.

// TEST1
include "Functions.BSF"
include "tools.BSF"
include "ScenarioTools.BSF"
FUNCTION StartTurn(side)
{
int id

if ( RegionMapGetOwner (2,0))
{
id = PlaceUnit(24, 16, 0, 0, 0, "DREADNOUGHT")
SetAttrib(id, "SquadName", 23);
AddVizCam(GetUnitX(id), GetUnitY(id), 0)
}

if (GetTurn() == 6)
{

}
}

I do not know what to write in "object name" and "region".Apart from other errors that must be.I only get the scripts to work when copied from someone at the moment hehe
Maybe this should go in another post. Keep trying!
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

ur1 wrote:After some attempts. I leave it for today. The game crashes on the last loading.screen.Is a simple map where I have placed some victory points.If you capture a concrete victory point. Arrives a dreadnought.That's what i want to get.The second dreadnought in the script is from my previous tests with the reinforcements.

I do not know what to write in "object name" and "region".Apart from other errors that must be.I only get the scripts to work when copied from someone at the moment hehe
Maybe this should go in another post. Keep trying!
The way that is setup, if functional, would spawn the dreadnought every turn once:
if ( RegionMapGetOwner (2,0) == 0 )
returns true. I'm not sure about that function. I was thinking it would be something like "AI_FLAG" but not that exactly and a number for the index. I think it is "AI Point" or "Victory Point" -I haven't tried.

If you want a single dreadnought to spawn, need something like this:

include "Functions.BSF"
include "tools.BSF"
include "ScenarioTools.BSF"
FUNCTION StartTurn(side)
{
int id
int Pod

if ( (GetTurn() >= 0 ) and ( IsAITurn() == 0 ) )
	{
		for(i=0; i<GetUnitCount(0); i++)
		{
			Pod = 0
			for(i=0; i<GetUnitCount(0); i++)
			{
				id = GetUnitID(0, i)
				if (IsUnitType(id, "DROPPODDRED") == 1)
				{
					Pod = 1
				}
			}
		}
		if ( ( Pod == 0 ) and ( RegionMapGetOwner (2,0) == 0 ) )
		{
		}
	}
	if (GetTurn() == 6)
	{        
	}
}
ur1

Post by ur1 »

I thought about not putting turn number. Would appear when capture the victory point.
The dreadnought appears only as reinforcements and not as droppod to make it simpler for me. When it works I will add more things.
I recognize that my level is very basic
Thanks for the droppod script again!!
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

I think you are right and the turn conditional is not needed with the StartTurn running at the start of every turn*. There needs to be some check on how many dreadnoughts have been placed, unless you just want to keep them arriving every turn. Completely depends on what you want to do. That script won't work until that "Victory Point" object name is known. It ought to be something obvious, like the AI Point names.

*unless you don't want it running on AI Turns.
ur1

Post by ur1 »

"vp1","vp2","vp3"...etc?
I've made so many changes to the script that I do not know why it does not work

There must be some text in which the names appear. And I have not found it.
It is not understandable that they give you all this information and all these possibilities for modding. And then you have to guess those names.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Just in case there is some confusion, GetRegionMapOwner works on the campaign map, not in-battle. Perhaps that is what you want, but I just wanted to clarify!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Mophead
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mophead »

ur1 wrote: There must be some text in which the names appear. And I have not found it.
It is not understandable that they give you all this information and all these possibilities for modding. And then you have to guess those names.
In the Victory Points Plugin .BSF file there are all sorts of possiblities and I saw something about nations. Pip says that isn't the right function.

"Slith_VictoryPoints" is listed in the Slith_RandomMap2.BSF file. If that is the right name, then they should be indexed as they are placed with the VP plugin. I just did quick search, I still don't know for sure.

What is the correct function and call to check the ownership of a VP?
ur1

Post by ur1 »

I suspect it several times while working on the script.
The word "region" reminded me of the campaign map.I will try again later. My brain is short-circuited at the moment.
Thanks for the help

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”